tact- zone scope ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

tact- zone scope ?

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I'm looking for a bit more info on tact-zone scopes.... In reading a description of this scope I see no mention of magnification or adjustable power ?. Is it in fact a 1x power with no magnification ?

Would this be a suitable scope for a Matrix 330 ?

Thanx ahead of time, Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Kegbelly

Re: tact- zone scope ?

Post by Kegbelly »

It is adjustable, I believe it's somewhere around a 2-6X. I have one on my M380 and it works for me. The TZ has a "speed dial" (another name for the zoom ring) that has graduated marks that are estimates of arrow speed, and the marks start at 300 fps so it would work on a 330 but to get the 30, 40, 50 etc chevrons to line up correctly at those yardages you would be at the lower end of the zoom range on the scope. There are better scopes out there, just depends on your budget and what you want.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-2 on what kegbelly said... There are for sure better scopes out there. But the tact- zone is not the bottom of the barrel either. In fact a lot of people like them..... My son for one.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

2.5 - 6 Magnification? The TZ max's out at the speed ring 410 fps (275 - 410). At 410 fps your magnification would be max'd out at 6. If 2.5 were the lowest mag level, then your scope with be magnifying that amount when speed ring is set at 275. The M330 should be set somewhere near 330 on the ring (you must prove this on the range) and therefore you should expect to get between 4 to 4.5X magnification with lighter arrows. It is certainly an appropriate scope for a M330.........in my mind. I don't know if you are aware that once your speed ring is set, you leave it there, your magnification is set to your arrow speed and is not really adjustable after that because hitting the distance marks on the scope are reliant upon you setting the right speed on the dial. Only the centre 20 yard crosshair will not change if you adjust the speed ring.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Thank's for all of the info. I was not aware that the power was dictated by the speed of the bow. I was thinking this may be a better scope due to the "lighted rectile" for dark wet conditions here on the coast in the Pacific NW while elk hunting than the varizone I currently have that came with my "package".......any thoughts on that assumption?

Thanks again, Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

There was one for sale on the trading post not long ago. The Varizone has proven to be pretty reliable however. My opinion is this, if you're going to spend money to upgrade scopes, get the best you can afford! It is not the piece of equipment you want to have fail when you're hunting, or two days before the opener!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

ehntr wrote:2.5 - 6 Magnification? The TZ max's out at the speed ring 410 fps (275 - 410). At 410 fps your magnification would be max'd out at 6. If 2.5 were the lowest mag level, then your scope with be magnifying that amount when speed ring is set at 275. The M330 should be set somewhere near 330 on the ring (you must prove this on the range) and therefore you should expect to get between 4 to 4.5X magnification with lighter arrows. It is certainly an appropriate scope for a M330.........in my mind. I don't know if you are aware that once your speed ring is set, you leave it there, your magnification is set to your arrow speed and is not really adjustable after that because hitting the distance marks on the scope are reliant upon you setting the right speed on the dial. Only the centre 20 yard crosshair will not change if you adjust the speed ring.
I just looked at both of my TZ's again, one starts out at 300 (my backup scope still new in the box) and the one on my 380 starts at 275. Interesting, I wonder at what point they changed?
I guess if you had the one that starts at 275 you would be near the middle of the zoom range as ehntr says, I looked at the one in the box and based my statement on the speed dial starting at 300, which would put you in the lower end of the zoom range.
I agree with xcaliber though, there are better options out there but I do like the lighted reticle of the TZ.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I like the tact zone scope!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows