Any hunting success stories using a Matrix 330 ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Any hunting success stories using a Matrix 330 ?

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I know thus is a relatively new model however, I have yet to read of successful hunts where it was used... I'm new to X-bows and this is the model I have chosen for Mule Deer and Elk... it sure would set my mind at ease if I could read of some successful hunts using this model :P

Thank's , Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
racking up points

Re: Any hunting success stories using a Matrix 330 ?

Post by racking up points »

You can rest assured your bow will take down any North American game animal with a well-placed shot. The 330 is IMO a great overall bow: easy on servings, easy to cock, plenty of speed, power and accuracy, durable and dependable. The Exocet 200 and Vortex that pre-date the Matrix 330 have accounted for thousands of kills. You bought a winner.

My wife shoots a Matrix 330 and she put a 400gr Zombie Slayer with a Muzzy 3-blade through the quartered-away vitals of a buck at 25y. The arrow sliced a perfect cross-section of the lungs and pieced through the opposite shoulder. The deer ran with his nose mere inches off the ground, spraying blood from his snout on a short 30y death run.

For your uses I recommend a good cut on contact broadhead like a G5 striker, ramcat, or slick trick. I'd go with a 110 or 92gr brass insert, 2" blazer vanes and a Lumenock on a 17" Zombie Slayer at a finished weight of about 410-425 grains. You'll still have speed to burn, get great penetration and in my experience tremendous accuracy out to 60y.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
ds762

Re: Any hunting success stories using a Matrix 330 ?

Post by ds762 »

The M330 while "new" is a proven killer. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot deer/elk with it! Do your part and put the arrow where it belongs!!
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->