Need help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerskinner

Need help

Post by deerskinner »

I am a new member and I just got my first Excalibur a 355 Matrix,when I took it out of the box I noticed that the string looks like it might have stretched,what can I do to make it shorter ,don,t know if this is normal ,also does anyone know how I can get a number for Danny M iller? I heard he makes a good string ? Thanks lot !
amythntr

Re: Need help

Post by amythntr »

....Danny Miller's phone number is (740) 483-2312. He will help you with all of your Excalibur needs. He does not do email.

....BTW why not go back and complete your registration indicating where you hail from!

....In order to put turns in the string you will need a stringer. DM is the man to get that from...Yes, it is normal for the string to stretch...He will explain the process of adjusting the brace height. You can also read the manual which explains it...I believe the updated manual is on the main page of this forum....

Good luck with your new rig and ask away with any of your queries!

Welcome to the forum!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Excellent advice there! Welcome the forum, and congrats on the outstanding bow. Once you get these little tricks down, you'll see why they are hands down the best!
Last edited by xcaliber on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ds762

Post by ds762 »

Shorten the string by simply giving it a few twists till it's right and your brace height is also. You'll need a stringing aid.

Call Danny .. He makes Excalibur's strings!!
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
Seafermiles

Post by Seafermiles »

If you twist the string it will shorten. You will need the Stringing Aid thing. Twist both sides the same number of turns. Twist one forward and one reverse. One turn at a time.
Vixenmaster on this forum also makes a nice string.
Sea Ya

Matrix 330, AirBrakes, Reds, Cheek Piece, Ex-tender
Smokepolehall Flemish String
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

Thanks for the info. will be needing advice as time goes on,I looked at a lot of excaliburs before deciding on the Matrix 355,been using a carbon express for the last 3 years ,but its to heavy to hold,love how light the Matrix is,can,t wait to shoot it !
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Deerskinner, there are many fine craftsmen on this forum. If you hang in and poke around you will read a lot about different people and what they make and sell....

....IMHO, you started off right by asking for DM's number....I would suggest you let him guide you in the beginning....he will have the "training wheels" off in no time...and everyone here can attest to, "he will NOT steer you in the wrong direction!"....or try to upsell you with stuff you don't need....

....after a short time you will be able to make all the decisions on your own including who's strings you like and what "must have" :shock: accessories should be added to your rig....

....one thing I can assure you, "we are a group who will have no trouble helping you spend your money!"..... :mrgreen:

....Have fun!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Do not shoot it with low brace height, you'll damage the limbs! Should be off the bumpers at least 1/8", if no bumpers, then 7/8" from the split line where rail, and riser join.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

You only need to twist the string from one side, and normally counter clockwise. You don't want to loosen the string as this will damage it. Do full turns and not half turns.
There is no reason to twist from both ends as one end will tighten the whole string. After about 100 shots I like to twist each side 1/2 turn to keep the serving wearing evenly on both sides.

And "Welcome Aboard"
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great crossbow. Sound advice already given. As mentioned, you only need to twist one side of the string. FWI, the brace height is the distance from the seem where the riser/limb assembly meets the rail to the front of the string. It should be somewhere around .75". When you set it try putting your brace height at 1 1/8" initially as it will stretch and settle for about the first 75 shots. The pre load you're setting will help settle it faster. Check your brace height often and make sure it's the same. I've put a small felt pen mark on the side of my rail where my string should be for a quick brace height reference. My other suggestions is that when you contact Danny Miller to buy a string and stringing aid, buy a second string. It's good to have and once you shoot the first string in you can remove it and shoot the second string in. This way if you have to do a quick change out on or before a hunt your backup string will already be shot in. Again, welcome and enjoy your new tack driver. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great crossbow. Sound advice already given. As mentioned, you only need to twist one side of the string. FWI, the brace height is the distance from the seem where the riser/limb assembly meets the rail to the front of the string. It should be somewhere around .75". When you set it try putting your brace height at 1 1/8" initially as it will stretch and settle for about the first 75 shots. The pre load you're setting will help settle it faster. Check your brace height often and make sure it's the same. I've put a small felt pen mark on the side of my rail where my string should be for a quick brace height reference. My other suggestions is that when you contact Danny Miller to buy a string and stringing aid, buy a second string. It's good to have and once you shoot the first string in you can remove it and shoot the second string in. This way if you have to do a quick change out on or before a hunt your backup string will already be shot in. Again, welcome and enjoy your new tack driver. :D

Paul

X2....regarding the second string!!!!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the 355! and welcome to the forum!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
bubba

Post by bubba »

Good advice has been given, Welcome to the forum, and your new Excalibur Crossbow....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
luckymike

Post by luckymike »

get a set of DM baby bumpers while you're on the phone with him,not standard with most m355 packages.great bow, love my m355
matrix 355,330
slicktrick 125
black eagle executioners
vixenmaster strings
nikon bolt
triggertech
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

If and/or when you shoot in your 2nd string, tie the end loops together w/ a bread tie to preserve your b-height.... :mrgreen:

Danny is a great guy...........
"Eze 18:21"