Spitfire maxx

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

confederate

Spitfire maxx

Post by confederate »

I need opinions on the spitfire maxx. If you shoot them chime in. I am shooting a Matrix 330. How accurate are they compared to field points. Also any issues with them opening early? I'm probably shooting about 320 fps
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
georgiaboy

Re: Spitfire maxx

Post by georgiaboy »

Mine shot to within a 1/4 of an inch to poi of my fieldtips out of my vortex at 318fps. :D Never had one open on me but if you want some insurance just put a dental band over the blade.
Hope this helps. :)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Your going to have to shoot one out of your bow to really know where it's going to hit! That's the true test!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

confederate wrote:I need opinions on the spitfire maxx. If you shoot them chime in. I am shooting a Matrix 330. How accurate are they compared to field points. Also any issues with them opening early? I'm probably shooting about 320 fps
I shoot the maxx and really like it! shoots the same poi as field tips(at least no difference that I can see). no issues of premature opening. I shoot them from my 355 and last fall's deer(fat doe @ 25 yards) took the BH through a shoulder blade going in and broke a rib coming out. the arrow laid 20 yards beyond where she was standing and she made it 40-50 yards. excellent blood trail and the head showed no signs of damage. I also shoot the regular spitfire from my vortex and looks to be the same retention clip as used in the maxx and I have not had any premature opening with those either. the practice head saves needing to shoot the real BH. I have been shooting sf's for 12 of my 14 years of crossbow hunting and shot the hunting BH in the early years but not any longer, just shoot practice head instead and I do this after doing my sighting in with field points
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I recently was "Convinced" shall we say by one of our astute members to try them. I have not yet hunted with them, but shot out to 40 yards with no change in POI to my field points off a bench, no blow opened blades from my Matrix 355. I think Anthony is using these with great success from his Matrix 380, and now Bada Bing, his Micro. I'm sure he'll chime in! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
confederate

Post by confederate »

Thanks guys. I'm really considering the spitfire. I have shot the Swhacker practice head and it is absolutely in the same hole as my field point. Only thing I don't like about it is the talk about it damaging my arrow. Don't feel like I should have to modify a broadhead to shoot it. Really considering giving the spitfires a try. I will prolly shoot them if they are field point accurate.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
Normous

Post by Normous »

I have my eye on the very soon to be released NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX which is a 100gr 3 blade with a 2" cut.

http://www.newarchery.com/products/mech ... e-xxx-122/
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Normous wrote:I have my eye on the very soon to be released NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX which is a 100gr 3 blade with a 2" cut.

Looks like good Bear Medicine Norm!!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

[quote="Normous"]I have my eye on the very soon to be released NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX which is a 100gr 3 blade with a 2" cut.

I have used the regular spitfire for several years and will continue to updating with replacement blades following each kill (cheap) until I lose them (I have 7 left so it could be awhile!!) or shatter on a rock following a pass thru!! Then I will try the NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX. The regular spitfires POI is the same as my field point out to 50 yds!!
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Normous wrote:I have my eye on the very soon to be released NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX which is a 100gr 3 blade with a 2" cut.

I gotta stay off the forum. This post cost me $24.99 on eBay. Thanks Norm! :lol:
DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:I recently was "Convinced" shall we say by one of our astute members to try them. I have not yet hunted with them, but shot out to 40 yards with no change in POI to my field points off a bench, no blow opened blades from my Matrix 355. I think Anthony is using these with great success from his Matrix 380, and now Bada Bing, his Micro. I'm sure he'll chime in! :wink:
....Yes I have used them and loved them....2" holes, no premature deployment solid as a rock...they sell practice tips which I found shoot great....honestly have not shot an actual BH at a target...but when i shot at a deer at 30yds it went where I aimed...yup they are good...

...However the astute gentleman above is right...the only test is to give them a whirl....OBTW...Dicks is the only place that has them in 4 packs and with their $10 coupon you are buying 4 for $30....how cool is that?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

I'll be making the same $25 investment soon X2 :)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family