A$$ Backwards Stabilizers?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUCKSHOT

A$$ Backwards Stabilizers?

Post by BUCKSHOT »

A while back, I felt I was having trouble keeping my bow as steady as I would like to, and I attributed it to the weight of my dual stabilizer bracket on the front of the bow! I was also noticing that when I was shooting with my workboots on, it was awkward to put my foot in the strirrup with the stabilizers on!
I decided to take the bracket off and try shooting without, for a while! I felt this may help me be steadier! The bow was a lot lighter and felt good but after a while I really began to miss the advantages that the stabilizers provide.
I decided too put them back on my bow, but this time I put them on opposite of how I see them in all your pic's!
I found this to be a great advantage for me! Now the weight of the stabilizers was below my forehand and I had no trouble getting my boot in the stirrup. I found that it felt totally comfortable to me and that they were doing the very job they are intended to do!
I also found it easier to lean the bow against things, although this is a slight advantage, because now the bars are tucked up towards the stock end!
Anyone else try them this way?
Personally I like it :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!

BTW

Post by Guest »

I found out today that Parker bows are commonly set up the same way!
Not that it would really matter to Excalibur guys, I just thought it was neat that the same stabilizers and brackets, were used on each type of bow! (Excalibur/Parker).
And that this set-up was common in other applications. FYI
BUCKSHOT

Sorry

Post by BUCKSHOT »

That Guest was Me! Sorry! :oops:
Enjoy the Harvest!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Going through the pictures of the Shawnee Outdoorsmen crossbow shoot and found a good pic of Mark's crossbow with one of his custom stocks & it has stabilizers installed.
Looks like a good setup to me! Maybe Mark can give more details.
wabi
BUCKSHOT

That's It

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Thanks Wabi, That is how mine is except with a different type of bracket!
You don't even wrestle the stabilizers and sling to carry the bow!
Thanks for the pic, although we have to what is good for us, I am glad someone else is doing it! Nice looking set-up in that pic!
Enjoy the Harvest!