Cobra 3 crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jarrod_04

Cobra 3 crossbow

Post by Jarrod_04 »

Hi all, I am looking at buying a Cobra III crossbow rifel for hunting. I don't know a whole lot about crossbows so could you's please give me some information about it and would you's recomend them. That is, if you's have even heard of them. Cheers Jarrod (Aust.)
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Troll number 2.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

:D

Post by Guest »

careful guys, this guy seems sincere.
the cobra advertisements call this bow a rifle to distinguish it from pistol crossbows.
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Looks Chinese to me...

Jarrod_04,

You get what you pay for.

If I was you I'd say some more money and buy quality.. as in Excalibur..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Digger

Post by Digger »

Those are the type of crossbow that discourages continuing crossbow shooting, usually they have poor accuacyand a poorer trigger. Even an entry model Barnett or Horton would be a better choice than these off shore machines. You only get what you pay in this field.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

...I think your right guest. Sorry. :( I thought it was one of those crossgun contraptions...those muzzleloader things that shoot arrows....and another fellow trying to raise our hackles by talking about it.

Those asian crossbows are basically toys. They shoot tiny short little arrows at poor velocities ...and have the crappiest triggers. Please don't decide to go deer hunting with it!
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Aspide

Post by Aspide »

In Italian archery shops there is a crossbow called Cobra Magnum,this chinese crossbow is compound and there are two version:woodstock or camostock

i have found a link with the picture of this crossbow(first picture)

http://www.taiwansport.com/crossbow/tai ... /index.htm
Jarrod_04

Post by Jarrod_04 »

Hi guys, Thanks for some of your replies. The actual crossbow is a bit different than the one in the actionarms web site but I hear what you's are saying. Being a beginer i thought i would aim cheap on something at the bottom end of the market. I think I will take your advice and invest in a higher quality one. Cheers.

Jarrod

Post by Guest »

Jarrod,

Your original post indicated that you are from Australia.

If you want to have the same quality crossbow as most of the people on this forum own then go to Ausbow Industries http://www.ausbow.com.au/

They are the Australian dealer for Excalibur crossbows. Very friendly and lots of good advice. They even do C.O.D. That is how I bought my ExoMAG.

Cheers,
Wombat.
Jarrod_04

Post by Jarrod_04 »

Thanks wombat, I have been also looking at the ausbow web site and that will probably be my best option. I'll will just wait abit longer to raise the funds.

Thanks, Jarrod

Post by Guest »

Jarrod,

I don't know what state your in but some states ban crossbows while other states have strict laws.

I would check out the regulations in your state before buying a crossbow just to be sure.

Cheers,
Wombat.