New 405 problems

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bigship

Re: New 405 problems

Post by Bigship »

When you adjust your stringing aid, lengthen it to where you can slip the loop off the tip comfortably. After a couple of twists, the loop should be a bit difficult to wrap about the limb tip. Shortening the stringing aid more than you need to can place unnecessary stress on your limbs. Also, release the string as the instructions and video show. Just pull the rope through the pulleys with one handle and hold tightly when you release. I somehow developed a habit of holding both handles with one hand, and smashed my fingernail on the scope rail. Had to drill a starter hole and finish with a red hot paper clip to release the pressure under the nail. It oozed for two days all because I didn't follow the instructions!! Enjoy your bow and when you have the string loose make sure your limb bolts are tight. Mine were only a bit loose but the accuracy was already slipping. Tightening both bolts to the same torque restored the accuracy.
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Thanks yall for the help.
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Cobra. Best of luck with your 405. I LOVE MINE. But all gave perfect advice as you need to have proper BH before shooting.

Enjoy and welcome to the forum

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
bgarchery

Post by bgarchery »

check this out. has pics of molding scars and actual cracks.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2478521
Woody's Sporting Goods-Helping our customers get the most out of their hunting season with sales and service for ALL their bowhunting needs!!!
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

racking up points wrote: We have been screaming it for a while here on the forum, it needs to be standard issued in that package...bottom line.

Agreed x 3 :?:
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

^^
X4
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
Tom

Post by Tom »

colouredchameleon wrote:
racking up points wrote: We have been screaming it for a while here on the forum, it needs to be standard issued in that package...bottom line.

Agreed x 3 :?:
I do not think that every bow should come equiped with a stringer. Just think, if you own 4 bows you will have 4 stringers (paid for by you).

But I do agree that, with the higher poundage bows, that everyone which has a bow, a stringer is a necessary accessory.

By "not" including a stringing aid with every bow, they are able to keep the price of the bow just that much lower.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-5 All Excalibur crossbows should come with stringer... Just as important as the cocking rope. Sure would help with a lot of problems, i dont get it.. It seems it would be in the best interest of the company? what is a couple dollars .....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Tom

Post by Tom »

bubba wrote:X-5 All Excalibur crossbows should come with stringer... Just as important as the cocking rope. Sure would help with a lot of problems, i dont get it.. It seems it would be in the best interest of the company? what is a couple dollars .....
Bubba, the "mighty dollar" mostly rules todays market. Many people will travel miles just too save a few dollars. If this means that an Excalibur bows will cost more then another company's bow, that might mean a loss of a sale.

A little while ago, when a model came out as a package, people complained, saying that they wanted just a bare bow.

I say, offer the bow for sale without it, but educate the sales people to make sure the customers know the importance of the aid. Tell me a store which will not want to push for an extra sale.

I personally will not want to pay for an optional accessory if I would not need it.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Big John

Post by Big John »

That was fast! :shock:
For sale already?!!!
Did we give to much help?

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Speed scares some people I guess, "a man's got to know his limitations",,,,:wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Just not as fun to shoot as a long bow but I do like the speed!!!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I know I ain't man enough to cock that thing... especially the way I like to shoot all afternoon. The 310 and 330 suit me just fine and either one is plenty big enough for the deer I hunt :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Jerry1982

Post by Jerry1982 »

Hello I just got my new matrix 405 and I want to put some loctite but where should I used
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Jerry1982 wrote:Hello I just got my new matrix 405 and I want to put some loctite but where should I used
Hi Jerry, welcome. Good call with the loktight, you're on the right track. There are 4 scope mount screws (where the picatinny rail attaches to the trigger housing), loktight each of those. Be very careful when removing those and make sure you have a good quality wrench. I use the ratchet style so I can hit the allen head prior to removing it. The heads will strip very easily if you're not extremely careful. Also, make sure that you only use a little loktight and don't have any running off the thread and getting into the trigger mechanism. Use only a low to medium strength loktight so the fastener can be removed if necessary. Those are the first ones I do. Basically,blue loktight eevery fastener you can see and follow the protocol mentioned above. I let it set up for 24 hours before shooting.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.