Grizzly SMF Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

okie143

Grizzly SMF Scope

Post by okie143 »

I just got my brand new Matrix Grizzly from Pine Mountain Archery and in the box was a scope in a box with SMF stamped on it.

I checked my Axiom and it is the exact same scope that came with it.

Excalibur's website says it is suppose to come with a DeadZone scope. When I looked up the Accessories tab on their website I don't see a DeadZone Scope listed anywhere.

Does anyone have a link to where the DeadZone is listed?

I sent Excalibur an email telling them about the scope mix match. I also read other posts on this forum and Archerytalk where other have gotten the wrong scope. I will can Excalibur tomorrow also about the scope.
Excalibur Axiom 305 SMF with ADF
2017 Excalibur Matrix 380 Tact-Zone Lite-Stuff Crossbow Package
Diablo Excalibur bolts with Excalibur Boltcutter and Trailblazer Broadheads
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
Retired/100% Disabled Veteran
foofoo

Re: Grizzly SMF Scope

Post by foofoo »

Hope there not cheaping things out :roll: the Micro came with the wrong scopes but later shipped them with DeadZones. the Deadzone seem to have better glass than a Varizone and no fisheye like the Tactzones.
Last edited by foofoo on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Package Includes
A Dead-Zone Scope and 1'' rings, scope mount, a four-arrow quiver with bracket, four Diablo arrows, four 150-grain field points and a rope-cocking aid.http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/catalo ... ow/grizzly
BobbyR

Post by BobbyR »

My grizzly came with the smf scope, even though the website says dead zone scope. My box even had variable scope written on it. One quick call to crossbow expert.com, and I had a dead zone two days later.
The dead zone is a much better scope than the smf.
I am sure that the dealer will swap out with you.
I noticed that bass pro has the grizzly on the rack now, and every one that I saw at bass pro had an smf scope on it.
BobbyR

Post by BobbyR »

Oh, congrats on your grizzly, I hope that yours pleases you as much as mine has pleased me. Take care and good luck.
okie143

Post by okie143 »

Called and spoke to Peter Bellfore about the scope switch. He said the vari-zone and the deadzone are the same scope with the same functionality but a few minor cosmetic changes.

He also said that they didn't have enough deadzone's, as it is a new product, to put with every bow sold, so they put the vari-zone in place of the deadzone.

I ask him why the deadzone wasn't on their website to view, and he said it was a new product and it will be there soon.

Is the vari-zone and the deadzone the same scope in functionality, price, etc.?
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
okie143

Post by okie143 »

Peter also told me to go to their website and open and RMA so I could send them the vari-zone and they would send me a deadzone in its place. After I pay shipping of course.
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
bgarchery

Post by bgarchery »

Just go to the site and follow the instructions for the warranty claim, all will be good in the end!
Woody's Sporting Goods-Helping our customers get the most out of their hunting season with sales and service for ALL their bowhunting needs!!!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

the Deadzone is like 9 inches long where the Varizone is like 10.6. the glass is very similar.i like the Deadzone being more compact.seems like supply was an issue for the Deadzone but the good news is that they will take care of things.
chuckinator

Post by chuckinator »

I too just received my Grizzly from Cabelas and included was the SMF scope not the Deadzone scope. I just wanted to clarify as to who "they will take care of it" is they= to Excalibur? I don't know who Peter Bellfore is? is he employed at Excalibur? It sounds like we open an RMA through Excalibur? thanks for the help in advance. Don
"Adapt, Overcome and Prevail"
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

yes! i just followed the return process on this site and Excalibur exchanged the Varizone for the Deadzone. the Varizone is a fine scope just a little bit longer than the Deadzone.i dont think one is any better than the other.