My Ghillie Suit Project To Date

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

StormDragon

My Ghillie Suit Project To Date

Post by StormDragon »

About a year ago I bought a used Ghillie Suit off of someone on another forum, and being the "tinkerer" that I am, I decided to add a little more to it then what was already from the factory.

Well...what started out as just adding a little more burlap with rattle can shading etc turned into its own "monster" which I think is just about "done". Then again...I said that before a couple times earlier

The only thing left that I may do is go and get some fake leaves to somehow weave/sew on to it and call it "finished"

I can say two things about it already, 1) it def got a bit heavier then its original weight and 2) its def a bit on the warm side.

Im looking fwd to trying it out this fall/winter with my Micro and Harris Bi-Pod.

Here is the first phase in original "factory" colors etc

Here it is during the second phase after initial burlap strands and rattle can shading

Here it is during/after the third phase with burlap strips added and additional rattle can shading applied

Somehow I dont think its finished but then again when is anything? LOL
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Big John

Re: My Ghillie Suit Project To Date

Post by Big John »

Very Nice! 8)
But Dang! That looks hot to me! I'm sweating just lookin at it. :wink:
I'm sure it will work perfect!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have found mine a little in the warm side also...will u be in a stand or on ground?

Have u tried shooting with it yet?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Big John wrote:Very Nice! 8)
But Dang! That looks hot to me! I'm sweating just lookin at it. :wink:
I'm sure it will work perfect!

Big John

Thanks and it's def warm but should be good when it gets cold out! Lol

Elite Synergy; Krampus
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have found mine a little in the warm side also...will u be in a stand or on ground?

Have u tried shooting with it yet?

Ile be using it on the ground and I've shot it a few times during the first and second phase but not the third yet with the burlap strips.

The only thing I found different was the head piece and having to make sure you can see through the scope ok, that and watching the strings on it while cocking the bow.

Like anything it just takes practice

Elite Synergy; Krampus
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You might want to rethink the boots! :lol:
Just kidding, looks like you'll be able to get close with that suit! Good luck. :D
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

good job! . . . military ghillie suits are still hand crafted w/ burlap during sniper school, but they go up in flames quick by devious cadre. burlap mildews quick. jus grab you some local vegetation and stuff here and there and you're a "go" :wink:

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Its gonna work .you snuck up on that sleeping cat!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Looks good love the cat asleep in the background- It never even saw ya :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....another piece of curiosity George....what is your plan in using this?....meaning; will you wear it into the woods from your vehicle or don it upon reaching your spot?......in each case:

1. have you walked in the woods with it (from the standpoint of it getting caught on limbs, etc), and

2. what are you using to put it into while bringing it in?

...I ask you these questions because I have a GS by Camo Advantage and have found it both hot to wear and bulky to carry...hence I have really only used the head piece!!!!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:....another piece of curiosity George....what is your plan in using this?....meaning; will you wear it into the woods from your vehicle or don it upon reaching your spot?......in each case:

1. have you walked in the woods with it (from the standpoint of it getting caught on limbs, etc), and

...I ask you these questions because I have a GS by Camo Advantage and have found it both hot to wear and bulky to carry...hence I have really only used the head piece!!!!

It will be dependent on where I would be using it, one spot I could walk it in and if I go other places probably carry it in a mesh laundry bag and put on near spot.

I have to practice walking through the woods with it on too once it cools down some (between wild blueberries and briars it should be interesting practice) lol

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:
amythntr wrote:....another piece of curiosity George....what is your plan in using this?....meaning; will you wear it into the woods from your vehicle or don it upon reaching your spot?......in each case:

It will be dependent on where I would be using it, one spot I could walk it in and if I go other places probably carry it in a mesh laundry bag and put on near spot.

I have to practice walking through the woods with it on too once it cools down some (between wild blueberries and briars it should be interesting practice) lol
....well if nothing else you be healthy George...wild blueberries....yum!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings