Crossbow meeting in Montgomery.Alabama

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

striper

Crossbow meeting in Montgomery.Alabama

Post by striper »

I promise this is the last post I Will make about the hearing that was held yesterday. After 3 1/2 hours of sometimes boring comments and butt-numbing chairs, my brain went numb and some things that were said are just now coming to mind. Several statements made by the BHA leadership were really germane to the discussion and need to be related to members of this forum:
Statement 1) "Legalizing crossbow hunting is like legalizing same sex marriage."
Statement 2) " If we legalize crossbows, why not legalize hand grenades."

GOTTA LOVE EM, STRIPER
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
Tman

BHA leadership

Post by Tman »

Delete. I posted the same one twice.
Last edited by Tman on Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tman

BHA leadership

Post by Tman »

Striper,

Sounds to me like those guys were a real bunch of loosers :? who really
know how to grasp at straws . Maybe one day for their sake they will
wake up and smell the roses. On second thought let them wake up and smell the string on our Excaliburs smoking after several dozen flaming shafts slide down the rail :lol:

Take care friend.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

After a couple three years of debating these type of folks I've got to say that those words do not surprise me. They utterly dispise our crossbows. What does surprise me is that they used them in front of a board that is making the decision on this.

That wasn't too smart...

Did any of them call crossbows XGUNS when speaking to the CAB? That certainly would have been the nail in the coffin for them..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
striper

Post by striper »

Woody: thanks for the memory jog! They did call them crossguns! Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

striper wrote:Woody: thanks for the memory jog! They did call them crossguns! Striper
There goes there argument right down the drain...

It is pitiful people that stoop to ARF and gun grabber tactics by renaming something to demonize it..

That might be all right amongst the bowhunting buds, but when you are adressing a board who will decide one way or the other that is the height of total stupidity.

Making fun of hunters and the equipment they use wont win points with the decision makers.

Sounds like they self destructed..

Facts beat emotions every time...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]