how many shots on your MICRO?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

coolhl

how many shots on your MICRO?

Post by coolhl »

It would be interesting to hear how many shots guys have on their Micro and whether they have had any limb issues...
I have 217 on my second set of limbs and all is fine, but
my first set developed a cracked limb at about 150.
hopefully the guys without problems will GREATLY outnumber those who have had limb issues.
norm
PS I was shooting 385 gr arrows and danny miller Flemish prior to limb failure..
stock trigger.....now I shoot 400 gr plus arrows and Danny Miller and Vixenmaster Flemish with a SS TT trigger.
Last edited by coolhl on Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StormDragon

Re: how many shots on your MICRO?

Post by StormDragon »

Safe estimate high 200 ' s to low 300's. On second serving now too and knock on wood still going strong
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Scotty_X2

Post by Scotty_X2 »

I have about 150 on mine with no issues.
Wolverine
Phoenix
Matrix 355
Matrix Cub
Micro 335
GRZ2
Bulldog 330
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

in excess of 500 , I shoot mine almost everyday , been giving the twins a real workout the last few days to see if any problems will show up..knock on wood so far so good..... :? :? But I have noticed that the center serving wears evenly on both.
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

500 gonna need a string soon . No limb issues yet . But im semi scared lol. Love the little thing a lot.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I've had my Micro since late last October/ early November. I cannot remember exactly...lol. Hunted like crazy with it from sun up to sun down and had it cocked the whole time while on stand 10-12 hours a day in temps from 70's to the low teens with negative wind chill temps. How many shots? Have no clue but it has over several hundred. I really don't count my shots as I like to shoot a few daily. Even during the season. Me personally, there has been zero issues with my Micro. The only changes I made was to put on a Danny Miller flemish string, a TT that I had from my 405 ( no longer in my stable ) and I shoot a 408 grain arrow out of the bow. I keep the brace height right in front of the scribed line on the rail.. The center serving is equally worn on both sides of the retaining hooks on the trigger assembly. I swap ends on the string to rotate the serving as well and have a back up string worn in already as a backup just in case....

But now with guys starting to have issues with these limbs too, it has me a bit spooked... I'm having 405 flashbacks.. :shock: :(

Is there a common denominator with guys having limb issues on the Micros?

I would suggest when posting, to list how your bow is set up and with any mods done to it and arrow weights too and how often you shoot and conditions. That way maybe something will stick out..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am 2nd owner of Micro Nitemare. I have about 400 shots, arrows weigh 352gr.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

third owner of a Nightmare here 2 to 300 in the last 4 to 6 weeks, around 4 to 500 since I boughjt it, always with a flemish string, Danny Miller, Vixenmaster now with a BOO coming, and never under 390 grains maybe 100 shots, my main arrows and all I shoot anymore are 412 grain arrows, now wears 3D Deception camo,,, and a reflex sight. silenced to the max and weights 6.9# ready to hunt!!! I found out from the original owner, it came from Mainstreet in early Dec, so its a an early Nov late Oct, production. And yes I have a Trigger Tech in it and excellent and even wear on my strings.

Last edited by wildcatter on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....had about 270 shots on my Nighmare and had left Limb failure...while cocked and hanging while I retrieved arrows...

....just notified by Dr.D that it is on its...way home...plan to shoot the %$#& out of it and see what happens...a backup set of limbs have been ordered (seconds for blemish issues) for $80 which will provide "some" insurance and comfort!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Winddrifter

Post by Winddrifter »

I have 1250 shots on my out of the box Micro. It is in for the second set of limbs at the present time. I have gone through 3 new servings. Left limb goes first and right shows stress fractures or slivering.
marlinmonty

Post by marlinmonty »

7 , 7 shots on mine , just got it back .Right limb pooped out . Bone stock factory quills with 125 grn. fieldtips . Put 4 threw it tonight . Stuff happens but it happens again I will want my money back or a set of standby limbs . Love the bow but its got to do its part in the woods without question . I paid good money for the best out there once in my life and thats what I expect . Money for this bow came dear for me , It must perform . MM
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i have 200 plus shots one of keith s strings on it 400gr arrows got mine last nov so far so good
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

marlinmonty wrote:7 , 7 shots on mine , just got it back .Right limb pooped out . Bone stock factory quills with 125 grn. fieldtips . Put 4 threw it tonight . Stuff happens but it happens again I will want my money back or a set of standby limbs . Love the bow but its got to do its part in the woods without question . I paid good money for the best out there once in my life and thats what I expect . Money for this bow came dear for me , It must perform . MM

Don't the stock quills require 150 gr field Tips!!!????
Norm
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

1000+ shots. 362 gr arrows. Vixenmaster D97 string. No limb failures.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

coolhl wrote:
marlinmonty wrote:7 , 7 shots on mine , just got it back .Right limb pooped out . Bone stock factory quills with 125 grn. fieldtips . Put 4 threw it tonight . Stuff happens but it happens again I will want my money back or a set of standby limbs . Love the bow but its got to do its part in the woods without question . I paid good money for the best out there once in my life and thats what I expect . Money for this bow came dear for me , It must perform . MM

Don't the stock quills require 150 gr field Tips!!!????
Norm
No. The only claim Excal makes for 150 gr tips is that a higher FOC increases accuracy. Any properly spined crossbow arrow with flat nocks that weighs 350 grs or more is supported by Excalibur warranty.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?