335 Limb Failure Q for all.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kegbelly

Re: 335 Limb Failure Q for all.

Post by Kegbelly »

amythntr wrote:
colouredchameleon wrote:
amythntr wrote:.....I guess no one is shooting a Micro out of the box ????? :?

ANthony :)
Suspect going forward it may get harder to get anyone to go out on a :shock: "limb" :oops: and speak out on this subject.
Interesting times :!:

...you're right there might be very limb-ited discussion...in fact if are not careful this thread might be e-limb-n-ated :shock: :D :lol: !

Anthony :)
Anthony you had to work hard for that one :lol: :lol:
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
marlinmonty

Post by marlinmonty »

Just to be clear here fellas . After looking at how I hunt and what to me looked like the best options out there I chose the Micro from all else out there . I"m not going to bash my new rig .

I will answer an honest question with an honest answer , wouldn't want anything else same as anyone else .

After talking "PM" with someone who has no problems with his Micro I have ordered some arrows from Jerry at S.S.A . No one on the planet wants this bow to be the last one they ever need more than me ! I love this thing ! To me its the perfect size for stand or blind hunting and don"t weigh as much as a millstone !

Smart design for any hunter , thumbs up to Excalibur ! It must perform , period . It must prove to be trust worthy , period .

That is why I chose the Micro 335 from Excalibur over all others out there . The ball is in their court now .

I dont think anyone else would join this forum just to bash a bow . I joined to learn more and read what other Excalibur owners share with each other .

Not saying anyone thinks I am bashing just want it clear I got my micro to hunt with the rest of my days .

Thanks to all you guys who have chewed these crossbows mighty fine for us that are new to them . :D

MM
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

I just joined this group. I'm a bit depressed after seeing limbs going bad. I've always shot ten points, and enjoyed them without problem. But as a longbow maker and traditional shooter most of my 55 years, felt the need to keep it simple. Had always heard good things about excalibur. Now that I put a micro 335 on layaway, I have my doubts I made a good choice. Figures I jump onboard when it seems to have problems now. Is there a different model I should get instead then? I'm sure they would let me. My boy shoots the ten point titan, I shoot the Gt flex recurve. Which is undered powdered, but takes our white tails. Any advice? Thanks.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Heyu wrote:I just joined this group. I'm a bit depressed after seeing limbs going bad. Any advice? Thanks.
Don't worry about anything.
Right now the Micro is if fastest selling crossbow that Excalibur has ever made with sales exceeding the Matrix and Exo series. With social media, forums and almost everybody having a phone data and computer most people tend to think "The Sky is Falling" when the see a photo of a limb that broke.

The percentage of limbs failing is very small but when one fails the word gets around very fast and it is natural for folks to jump to conclusions.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

delete. senior moment. already responded
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Well good then. Thank you for answering. Just needed that assurance. I'm excited about getting it. I'm sure I will need your guys help in how to set it up too. I'm not seeing where I can order the arrows and strings most are recommending for the micro. And I'm a firm believer that it's best to stay on the heavier side of arrows. Easier on equipment and less noise. Thanks again. From Northern Michigan.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Microbuck

Post by Microbuck »

Heyu wrote:Well good then. Thank you for answering. Just needed that assurance. I'm excited about getting it. I'm sure I will need your guys help in how to set it up too. I'm not seeing where I can order the arrows and strings most are recommending for the micro. And I'm a firm believer that it's best to stay on the heavier side of arrows. Easier on equipment and less noise. Thanks again. From Northern Michigan.
Normous is right, with so many of these bows selling, there are bound to be problems here and there. You add in the Internet, and many who would never think to join a forum or leave a review sign up when something goes wrong, leading to a "panic" regarding the bow. If you took a snapshot of how many micros have been sold vs how many had limb issues, I think you'd be very happy with the percentages!

I've had my micro for about two months now, run a few hundred shots through and it is phenomenal. If a limb ever does break, I'm not worried as I have one of the best warranties and CS in the business behind me. You should be extremely confident in your purchase and not regret it for a second!

ETA: I got custom micro arrows from David at Wyvern Creations, and many here rave about Danny Miller or Boo's Flemish strings. I'm still running the stock string so I can't comment on that though.
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Thanks microbuck :-)

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Zero issues with my Micro and I am not expecting any issues. I just shoot and hunt and enjoy... LOL
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Heyu wrote:I just joined this group. I'm a bit depressed after seeing limbs going bad. I've always shot ten points, and enjoyed them without problem. But as a longbow maker and traditional shooter most of my 55 years, felt the need to keep it simple. Had always heard good things about excalibur. Now that I put a micro 335 on layaway, I have my doubts I made a good choice. Figures I jump onboard when it seems to have problems now. Is there a different model I should get instead then? I'm sure they would let me. My boy shoots the ten point titan, I shoot the Gt flex recurve. Which is undered powdered, but takes our white tails. Any advice? Thanks.
FYI- Tenpoint's are overpriced and at best the equivalent of everything else currently on the market.
They have had their fair share of limb failures that I PERSONALLY know of. One of those failures was NOT covered by warranty because it was not the ORIGINAL owner. Their warranty is crap for such a premium priced bow.
You really should read this LIMITED warranty as it has all kinds of nonsense exclusions which THEY DO enforce to get out of it..I KNOW personally.

Limbs & Scopes are only warranted to the ORIGINAL owner for 5 years IF you register the bow within a certain time.

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/pages/warranty-info/

Translation- DON"T BUY A USED ONE or PLAN on keeping it beyond 5 years..
Talk about loss of street value...

As said I know of a few Tenpoints that had delamination and and 2 were less than a month old. Those(Stealth & a Turbo) were fixed with no qualms...(as should be) the other(Titan) was fixed at the owners cost(expensive) because he wasn't original owner and didn't register it..

Also you should be aware that the 2 models you have mentioned have recalls on them..for failing safety mechanisms:)

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/pages/recall/

IMHO...plain junk at an inflated price. They were good when compared to the rest of the market 20 years ago...nowadays the rest of the market is JUST as good(in some cases better) at a fraction of the cost.
Do they shoot well? Sure...they should for the ridiculous money they get...Do they hold up better than other bows...uhhh not so much:)
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....being the OP of this thread back in June, I can say I have learned a lot since then...what has transpired:

1. I went to Boofest in July,

2. Got to meet the Marketing Dude- Peter,

3. Got to meet Dr. Danny Miller and saw him in action working out of his Excalambulance,

4. Got to meet Don (Boo himself),

5. Got to meet Kevin (DoeMaster),

6. and got to meet many of the wonderful people that make Excalibur so great and forum members that make this forum so great...

What I learned:

...there is no company that works so hard to put out the best product out there...yes, there will be hiccups now and then...but they stand behind their product and go out of their way to please their customers...

...listen nothing is perfect, there will be failures and problems along the way (as there are with other companies)....but I am now sleeping at night with the knowledge that we are part of a family of forum members and a company that just does not exist anymore...except for Excalibur....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

As with anything when you push the envelop there is greater risk. I have ad my Nightmare since last Dec. with no issues so far. But I realize that the Micro is pushing the limits a bit with the short strong limbs. That being said, it puts more burden on me to make sure I don't mess up, even a little bit. Something I could have gotten away with in the past on an Exo Series bow might not work out too well with my Micro. I guess I'm just saying that a bow like this is less forgiving of your mistakes.....not to say everyone who had a limb issue made a mistake. I'm gonna start a new thread on limb failures to try to collect a bit of data.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Heyu wrote:I just joined this group. I'm a bit depressed after seeing limbs going bad. I've always shot ten points, and enjoyed them without problem. But as a longbow maker and traditional shooter most of my 55 years, felt the need to keep it simple. Had always heard good things about excalibur. Now that I put a micro 335 on layaway, I have my doubts I made a good choice. Figures I jump onboard when it seems to have problems now. Is there a different model I should get instead then? I'm sure they would let me. My boy shoots the ten point titan, I shoot the Gt flex recurve. Which is undered powdered, but takes our white tails. Any advice? Thanks.
Heyu, Welcome aboard........

Make sure you get a stringer when you pick up your bow and also to check the brace height before shooting it the first time.... Ensure that the string is at least behind the scribed line on the rail towards the trigger assembly.. You don't want the string forward of the line... When you are shooting it, check the string and brace height and keep that string behind the line on the rail because the string is going to stretch for a bit.

Good luck,
Ed
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Thanks for the tips.

Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Tomcat. Yes ten point contacted me first-hand hand on the titan. Gt flex wasn't on that list. I will give credit when credit is due. They were terrific in notifying me, and it wasn't even a issue. More of a concern. I've dealt with them for years. I'm well aware about ten point and six point bows, and never had a problem. I'm not on here for any information on them. Or a VS match off. They Always did us good, and can hope to say the same of Excalibur in the future.