What's a good rangefinder?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Seafermiles

Re: What's a good rangefinder?

Post by Seafermiles »

jd4223 wrote:X4 on the Simmons 600.Paid an extra $15 dollars for an extended 3 yr warranty.Never used it.Going on 8 years now.If you're only going to use a range finder for bow hunting,buy the cheapest price.You won't be shooting past 40 yards max.Now if you're going to also shoot rifle,then any range finder that measures 400 yards is plenty unless you're into super long distance target shooting.
Actually X5. I don't think my post was counted. I needed a good inexpensive reliable RF. The Simmons did it.
You can buy a Rolls Royce or you can buy a Ford. Excluding all factors except one, both get you from point A to point B. One is just less expensive.
Sea Ya

Matrix 330, AirBrakes, Reds, Cheek Piece, Ex-tender
Smokepolehall Flemish String
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Leupold RXI 1000 TBR is a great unit.Especially for bow hunting. Will fit in your front pocket.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
joel0711

Post by joel0711 »

Opti-Logic rangefinder---- horizontal mounting for crossbow attachment---- Had an early model that went bad---returned to factory and received their newest model in return---Good service ---
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:Best bargain on market. Used Leica " old style" LRF800. You can buy them on eBay if you watch, very clean for approx. 200.00 US. They are spot on dead nuts! Not close...... Spot on. You will be amazed.
Without question, this is a great idea. Their optics are awesome! However, the higher you go, the more you need something like an ARC system to compensate for steep angles.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...Just ordered a Leupold RX-1200i TBR with DNA....got a good price new on eBay
anything Leupold has always been top shelf....

...I have an old Bushnell which I love but is tough on black targets...picked up a Simmons in Dicks and find you get what you pay for...it be a piece of doody!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings