micro 335 bowstring

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pistol Pete

micro 335 bowstring

Post by Pistol Pete »

I'm new to bow hunting, when do I know that I have to twist my bowstring to tighten it up?
Boo

Re: micro 335 bowstring

Post by Boo »

Take off one loop and while looking at the end of the string, turn it counter clockwise.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

When the brace height gets low. If you have the bumpers, stay about 3/16" above them, if not, there is a brace height line accross the rail, stay above that 1/8" minimum towards the trigger!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Pistol Pete

Post by Pistol Pete »

I thank you for the info. I have fired 12 shots with the bow and I'm extremely happy but after reading about the limb failures I'm wondering if I made a mistake buying the Micro
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I wouldn't worry about it at all ! Shoot the snot out of it !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Pete - you did not make a mistake. If there were limb failures and Excal charged people to fix them - then you made a mistake. But that is not the case. They stand behind what they sell. Warranty repairs for the Micro are very low (under 2%) so you have a 98% chance of having no issues. Do some research on failure rates of other bows. Every crossbow shoots great right out of the box. Excals shoot just as great 1000 shots in. How many other bows can say that?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

Pistol Pete wrote:I thank you for the info. I have fired 12 shots with the bow and I'm extremely happy but after reading about the limb failures I'm wondering if I made a mistake buying the Micro
Just shoot the crap outta it , I own 2 and I don't let that worry me , I had a new Tenpoint one time that chucked a limb on the first shot....got it back and sold it 3 weeks later bought an Excalibur and have never looked back... :D :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
Pistol Pete

Post by Pistol Pete »

I tried out my new arrows for the Micro 335. They have luminok ends and 150 gr B.A.T. bolt cutters. The accuracy I get with the field point is impressive. However I am a bit concerned with the results I'm getting with the broad heads. What should I expect and be happy with? And what is a good target for broad heads, mine has taken a beating?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Pistol Pete wrote:I thank you for the info. I have fired 12 shots with the bow and I'm extremely happy but after reading about the limb failures I'm wondering if I made a mistake buying the Micro
Don't worry about the Micro, jus choot it n choot it alot more :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Rhinehart 18-1 is good BH target, get Danny Millers arrow removal pliers :) Wid the Boltcutters you should be able to do under 2" group size at 40 yds. I am doin that at 50 yds usin the Nap HellRazors
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

If your groups are not that good with the bolt cutters, try another head. If you like the 150 grain heads, There are other brands out there....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Boo

Post by Boo »

Pistol Pete wrote:However I am a bit concerned with the results I'm getting with the broad heads.
What does that mean? What group size are you getting? Target tip accuracy will always be better than broadhead accuracy.
Pistol Pete

Post by Pistol Pete »

My grouping is perhaps 6"at 40 yds.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Pistol Pete wrote:My grouping is perhaps 6"at 40 yds.
Check your tiller
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Pistol Pete wrote:I tried out my new arrows for the Micro 335. They have luminok ends and 150 gr B.A.T. bolt cutters. The accuracy I get with the field point is impressive. However I am a bit concerned with the results I'm getting with the broad heads. What should I expect and be happy with? And what is a good target for broad heads, mine has taken a beating?
....PP.... Welcome aboard...your question about differences between FT accuracy compared to BH accuracy appears to be a common concern or query...

....hunting season is right around the corner... Concentrate on getting the BH zeroed in and forget about the FT's.... Obviously do not shoot 2 consecutive arrows at the same hole...have fun and get ready for the season...

....BTW why not complete your registration indicating where you hail from... It helps us to be able to help you!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings