Predators in your states and huntig areas ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Predators in your states and huntig areas ?

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Many living in the Western States are facing an up-hill battle with the tree huggers and large voting blocks of liberal's living in the largest Cities in their states... I know this personally as I live in Washington and having Pierce and King Counties near and containing Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia. I also live within 20 miles of Portland Or.

These two states along with good ol' California have in-acted policies pushed by PITA to take game management away form the State Game Departments and put in hands of the voters to be determined by "THE MAJORITY" . I would expect this coming the 3 most liberal states in the western United States' :| :roll:

As a result we see our bear and cougar numbers exploding since the effective means endorsed ( use of baiting and hounds ) and seasons set by the various State Game Departments, have been eliminated by popular vote.. As a result, we have seen Cougar and Bear in our high density areas many times in these large cities and near schools......

Guess who's upset with these Conditions? The very people who set it into motionwhile while having no sympathy for the ranchers and their livestock and Big Game also being effected by this situation.

That policy, along with the more recent introduction and subsequent protection of Canadian Timber Wolves as a replacement for the Extinct Prarie wolf are and have deciminated our large Deer and Elk populations to drastically low numbers in most of the " Historically Productive " hunting areas of several Western States. These heavy voting blocks, of largely Democrats, out number the total population of the more rural and "Conservative" aeas of these sparsley populated states where the game populations and people depending on that game and the livestock in those vast areas live.

Do you see similar situations in the areas you live and hunt in ? I sure hope not. :?:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
UPSMAN

Re: Predators in your states and huntig areas ?

Post by UPSMAN »

We are currently going through a similar situation in Florida with the Black Bear. Bears have been off limits for over 20 years. In many areas between Orlando and Jacksonville,the bears are out of control. The FWC has proposed a limited hunt this year but the tree huggers are screaming bloody murder. Guess we will see what happens soon. We had 5 bear maulings last year. I'm sure we will have more.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

In Jersey they have been trying to have a bear hunt up north for a few years, Im not sure if they were finally able to do so due to all the protests about it.

However, in the case of Yotes, its a shoot on sight/target of opportunity situation for the whole state in that if you have one or more come into view while out hunting anything with anything I.E. bow, shotgun, muzzleloader you are allowed/obliged to shoot. You dont need a permit, you can get one if you want but if not then all you have to do is call it in to register it.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
rayman

Post by rayman »

Used to work with a crew of firefighters from Oregon and Washington and they said the same thing about the wolves. They said that where they had hunted elk for years, you couldn't find one any more.

Yea, the Florida bear hunt is shaping up to be a fiasco. No baiting, no dogs, short season. Couple dozen get run over every year and I can tell you a lot of bears are shot and allowed to run off for busting feeders, but articles every day about groups protesting the so called "hunt". No surprise, just hate to see it.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

rayman wrote:Used to work with a crew of firefighters from Oregon and Washington and they said the same thing about the wolves. They said that where they had hunted elk for years, you couldn't find one any more.

Yea, the Florida bear hunt is shaping up to be a fiasco. No baiting, no dogs, short season. Couple dozen get run over every year and I can tell you a lot of bears are shot and allowed to run off for busting feeders, but articles every day about groups protesting the so called "hunt". No surprise, just hate to see it.
Rayman, Saw on the news tonight that the FWC approved the hunt for October with a 320 bear limit.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

oops
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Where I hunt in Virginia they do a very good job with game management in my opinion with the exception of one predator. Out of the 133 counties/cities in the state, they have identified 7 of them where it is illegal to kill a fox with a firearm (or bow). It just so happens that these counties have some very wealthy landowners and numerous horse farms. I guess they enjoy hunting foxes on horseback with hounds so much that they want to maintain a higher number of foxes.

It certainly isn't because of a shortage. If I leave a deer overnight, and I have, it is highly likely the foxes will have their fill before morning (and they have). There are days that I see more fox than deer. :roll:

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I live and hunt in California...where to begin?
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead