String choices

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

String choices

Post by BrotherRon »

There are plenty of excellent string makers available and I have purchased strings from several of them. Some people prefer fast flight strings while others prefer a heavier flemish twist string and I have tried both. They both have their unique qualities. I prefer the heavier flemish twist strings on my Matrix 330. (personal preference) The heavier flemish twist strings are slightly slower but help dampen the vibration and sound which makes shooting more enjoyable to me. The material used for making strings, and arrow weight also play a part in vibration and noise reduction. I also feel that the heavier strings and arrows reduce some of the stress on the limbs. I could be wrong, but I also feel the heavier strings also help improve accuracy because they sit closer to the center of the arrow. I will be sighting in my M330 as soon as I get my Custom Zombies from Big John. Then I will try out a 36 strand Jack Pine string, as well as my 40 strand Boo string. I am currently trying to wear out a couple 40 strand strings from a member here. I use the smaller fast flight strings on my Matrix 310 that I target shoot with a couple times a week. If you are a string maker that makes a heavier flemish twist string and I haven't purchased from you yet please shoot me a pm :mrgreen:

PS... I am not a string maker and still a rookie, so there may be errors in my thinking or my post. :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: