Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shotnbeer

Re: What's the most reliable Excal?

Post by Shotnbeer »

The one I have. A Vortex.
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I would say with out a doubt the 200lb models exocet and vortexs are the best bows ever made ..you got all the speed you will ever need and thy will shoot the sack of a mole at 30 yards .lol Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

dutchhunter wrote: they will shoot the sack of a mole at 30 yards
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's funny......................
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

If there was only one to be had, and no way to get parts, or service, I would say the Vortex, or Exomag, or any of the 175# Mag Tip bows. On the Matrix platform many have proven to be dependable, but the test of time is not on their side quite yet. In that group, the 330, and 310 will probably not get overstressed, and last a long, long time.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Someone ask Danny Miller this at Boofest, please! It will be a weekend long debate and discussion. :lol: And I bet a good 'un!.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....can't wait to meet Dr D....he called all of us who criticized the Micro "spin heads" :shock: :? :oops: ....If I still had my "Beany Boy" from when I was a kid I would have brought it with me to BF.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

...Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
strum

Post by strum »

when i got my first one,an Exomax, I shot that thing like i stole it..
I cant say the exact number of shots but it was in the 1,000's. and i would not think twice about shooting it that many more!!
My favorite was the Exocet though and it was the most accurate one too.
As far as the Micro goes, I haven't logged enough soot time with it to say but im as confidant with it as any . Sure it could de-laminate tomorrow but so can any of them. Now if were were talking Excaliburs vs (insert any other brand here) then we may have something to talk about :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Bows from the Exo series . I have put my Max through heck and it is still my go to bow .
As for a bow that can take a dryfire . Vixen hands down .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Bones

Post by Bones »

My experience with many year's of my exo 200 , id go there never missed a beat. So group it in with the vortex , y25 and blackout eclipse . My exocet 175 was slick as well but I fell pray to the 200 when they appeared on the scene? Presently own a 380 doing good! But my y25 that I aquired almost this time last year is my all afternoon shooter for me.
galamb

Post by galamb »

I too would go with the Vixens as the most reliable - if "reliable" means least likely to fail somehow.

And not because I own/shoot one but I see it as simply a matter of science.

The Vixen shares limbs with the 175 lb bows for sure and perhaps some of the earlier 200 lb'ers but only pulls 150 lbs.

That means less stress on the limbs, bolts, trigger mechanism etc etc etc.

The newer Matrix and Micro line puts gobs of stress on all the parts while reaching for the speed of sound.

Less stress (be it on a bow or a human) adds "years" to the lifespan.

The question really is "how much life".

If a Vortex will last 50 years before stress failure and a Phoenix for 75 and a Vix for 100 then I paid for quality that I will never get to use....
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

My first was an exomax, two dri fires early and plenty of shots after that till I bought a Phoenix,,,(Vortex) I liked the standard stock better on the wide limb bows, If I could only have one bow to live the rest of my life on a deserted island,,,, any make,,,, and any model,,,,, it would be a Phoenix,,,,,

I have as many shots on my 380's and on my micro as I had on that first exomax and still zero problems!!! But like has been said still need some time to prove them before they can be compared to the time proven wide wingers!! I think the old Phoenix and and Vortex are as good as it gets, but common sense says if they are bullet proof,,,, the Ibex and Vixen have to be golden as well.

I wonder if it would be as hard to pick the most reliable from other bow makers????
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
SEW

Post by SEW »

nchunterkw wrote:IMO this is an unanswerable question except by Excalibur. To make any reliability predictions you need a large sample size and have tested things to the point of failure. Only Excal would have this type of data, and without it everything is just an opinion.
How can there be a better answer than this? Excal knows the # of each model sold, the breakages, etc. I expect DM would fit into this also. Even though the names of the older models are well known, the numbers might be vastly different than some of the newer models. How many M380/405s have been sold, Micros? Also, were the owners of the older bows possibly on average more knowledgable users than owners of many of the newer, faster models. I've seen both a M380 and a Micro being shot with the string well thru the string bumpers. Neither owner had ever heard of a stringer nor brace height. How many of those owners are out there? How many Matrix and Micros bring sold this very day with the string well into the bumpers or would be into the bumpers if they existed?
Though Excal has retained most of the seasoned Excal users, they've also picked up a lot of neophytes. I was one but got over it. :D
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Excellent point Steve...I too was one of them and got over it...I think...I had to learn the hard way which was really the easy way...I joined the forum almost immediately upon purchase of my 380...I also had been doing a ton of reading leading up to the purchase...so suffice it to say that I was sought of up to speed when it came to brace height and the use of a stringer...

.....how many "neophytes" have no clue about either...I won't get into the blame game regarding a stringer but we all know they are an integral part of crossbow use....it's like buying a car with no access to the hood to change oil, battery, etc...but being told the hood latch can be purchased from the dealer or auto part store any time that you want it or think you need it :shock: :shock:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
crabclaw

Post by crabclaw »

Love my ibex
got it first year pa allowed xbows
Never had any problems .just as acurite and fast as it was day one !
Equinox
Ibex
Big John custom bolts

slick tricks
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

I have a 175 lb Exocet that I bought new in 1993 (I think). I've used it every year since for hunting and 3D. I think I changed the string once. Probably didn't need it but... My son is shooting it now, since I upgraded to a Matrix 355. No reason for the new bow, but I had some extra pesos and it was shiny. So I would have to say that speaks for itself when it comes to reliability. there are probably a few thousand shots through it. My opinion.