Matrix 330 review

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kegbelly

Re: Matrix 330 review

Post by Kegbelly »

Nice review Dan, looks like you got two nice shooters there :D Congrats on the new bow! Just curious are you shooting the same arrows with both bows and does either bow prefer one arrow build over another?
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Nice bow and you have a great backyard range too!
I hope to get a 310 or 330 as a back up bow one day!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Keg, both seem very comfortable with the Zombies at 17" 383 total grain weight. I have tried many vanes as you know, and settled on these using the most helix I can get. Yes, the Bolt jig seems to do the job for these. I'm now using the Q2i Fusion X-II 2.1" vanes exclusively on the Matrix bows, and love them. They have a specially prepared gluing surface that holds like crocodile jaws, is black in color so any adhesive is easy to see the coverage. The height is lower to reduce drag, and any thoughts of rail drag are gone.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Sounds like a nice setup Dan, looking forward to a pic of you posing over a monster this fall! :D
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
bgarchery

Post by bgarchery »

boy that 5th pic just gives us the warm and fuzzies, know what I mean?!?!?!
Nice review.
Woody's Sporting Goods-Helping our customers get the most out of their hunting season with sales and service for ALL their bowhunting needs!!!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You know it! :wink:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Congratulations Dan! :D ...save your back, not the buck! :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Thank's Dan I'll call when it arrives for your helpful info and to get you started on the next set of Zombie Slayers ( I hope you still have 6 to set me up with ).

Gene
Gene, I have them tagged for you Sir. I did run out of room on my PM storage, so I'll need to get some information from you. I think we were at 17" with 110 grains in the snout, but I'll be in touch.

Thanks folks for the kind remarks, and banter. I like the Mr. Miller bumpers so much, I ordered a set for the 355. Keep an eye out on the trading post mid week! :wink:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

xcaliber wrote:At 50 yards, absolutely no noticeable difference in arrows accuracy. My next one will be a Grizzly, or Cub most likely, right now, I'm very happy with the setups. I think my next purchase will be another scope. Love the Nikon, butt...
Went shooting with my buddy Gene, and his son this morning, and I'm falling in love with the Nikon Bolt again. I really worked on dialing it in this morning, and used the Caldwell Field Pod to really setup rock solid, and got it just the way I like it for hunting. Come on October! :wink: September 15th if the new land deal goes thru!!! 8)
bubba

Post by bubba »

The Nikon Bolt is a hard one to beat...X-2 on that. If you don't mind me asking what do you use to remove the graphics off your arrows? Don't care for the Zombie stuff.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Jesse, I use Scotch Brite Scrubbing pads, and Acetone. You can use steel wool, and acetone, but the metal flakes are a PIA. I buy the scrubbing pads in 12" X 12" sheets, and just cut 2" x 2" squares to do a dozen then throw that piece away. You have to flip it over a few times, and re-soak it in acetone a couple times too, but it works quickly. I wet the graphic down without scrubbing, then hit it after a minute of soaking. I like the graphics, but they don't look pretty after a few shots!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I don't use any abrasives on my shafts, don't need it with the acetone. All my Spynal Tapps and Zombies have their graphics removed with acetone and toilet paper, or if I go first class a paper towel, the acetone is all that's needed to quickly wipe the shaft clean!!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Pintail

Post by Pintail »

Nice review, I have the same two bows with Nikons and get almost identical speeds. I make my own strings from BCY X and have zero creep issues.
Have crossbows will travel
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Pintail, that is a very good string material too. I'm very happy with both bows, and the speed produced by them. I tried another string on the 355 made with Rhino, and got the same speed. I looked back on my notes for the setup last year, and was at 341 FPS with 371 total grains, was using the plastic rear nocks then! :wink:
My plan is to keep both cases setup with full quivers as the season approaches. I already have spare strings in both bags, and I got the Danny Miller stringing aide in one sack, and the metal reinforced Excalibur brand in the other, so it really won't matter which one I grab on my out the door. I'm very fortunate to have two very sweet Excalibur's to hunt with.