What is Boofest?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerskinner

What is Boofest?

Post by deerskinner »

Just wondering what Boofest was about? New to this forum!
awshucks

Re: What is Boofest?

Post by awshucks »

Fun in the Sun....... :mrgreen: Make it if you can.........
"Eze 18:21"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

awshucks wrote:Fun in the Sun....... :mrgreen: Make it if you can.........
What he say! :D Or......."The most fun you can have with your clothes on!"
Do a search on forum. its a gathering, picnic, campout, crossbow shoot, that Boo has on his property in Ontario. Meet forum members, put names and faces together etc. GREAT TIME!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It is also an organized event to raise money for a charity. There is a child this year with a serious illness chosen to be the recipient of funds raised. There are raffles, contests, etc. Several companies will be represented there as well, and prizes of all sorts can be won. In addition, there is all of the above activities, and a good place, and time to meet fellow members face to face. :D :D
Last edited by xcaliber on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Sorry Dan, I have to clear something up. While I might be splitting hairs, I want to be clear.
The purpose is not to raise money. It is social event and the charity is tagged on. I will likely still have Boofest next year but I might not do the charity because of my predicted lack of time and the pure lack of enthusiasm shown in the bow draw thread.
Excalibur Crossbows and Trigger Tech both usually show up and donate products for the charity so there are 2 small sunshade tents.
Boofest is best described by its attendees. I know that Dan and many others may get the wrong impression so I wanted to clear things up. It's just a bunch of us here doing a meet and greet while having tons of fun and laughs. Everyone is invited with one exception ( just being clear).
BTW, if I don't hold a charity next year, anyone is welcome to have their own. You don't need a physical address to have one. Anyone want to make a difference next year?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:Sorry Dan, I have to clear something up. While I might be splitting hairs, I want to be clear.
The purpose is not to raise money. It is social event and the charity is tagged on. I will likely still have Boofest next year but I might not do the charity because of my predicted lack of time and the pure lack of enthusiasm shown in the bow draw thread.
Excalibur Crossbows and Trigger Tech both usually show up and donate products for the charity so there are 2 small sunshade tents.
Boofest is best described by its attendees. I know that Dan and many others may get the wrong impression so I wanted to clear things up. It's just a bunch of us here doing a meet and greet while having tons of fun and laughs. Everyone is invited with one exception ( just being clear).
BTW, if I don't hold a charity next year, anyone is welcome to have their own. You don't need a physical address to have one. Anyone want to make a difference next year?
...you guys and gals have no clue of the amount of work involved in putting together a gathering such as Boofest and the work involved and love (coming from the heart) the great people donating items, setting up the charity, running it and keeping track of everything.....from my perspective as well (as Boo stated above) it is disheartening to see the lack of support to date....if you saw the list of people who have contributed ...some are active in the raffle, some have given more than once, some from other forums, contribution from a banned member and one from the Czech Republic.....there are so many who frequent this forum who have received invaluable information (free may I add) that have not even bought 1-$20 ticket....as I said...disheartening....and yet we travel on for the sake of 5 year old Makena....

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm very glad Don is doing Boofest this year in case you allwell haven't deduced that already. :oops: :roll: ......but I honestly don't know how he does it! ???? I've set up 3D shoots and they are a lot of work and there are a lot of details. Boofest is on a much larger scale and I have no clue how you can run a very busy company, and prep and host an event like this.

I may not be able to do as much as I'd like but I'll certainly do my part to bring those ticket numbers up some when I'm there. Much appreciation for all the hard work involved.....and I can't wait to meet that sweet little angel and her proud momma. :wink:

Edit to add: ....and of course, a big thank you to Karin as well. Don has always said this would be impossible to pull off if it wasn't for all the endless hard work his wonderful wife does. :D
Paul
Last edited by paulaboutform on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Don and Karin do one hella job for boofest!!! Couldn't ask for better people. I hope that boofest goes on for many years to come. I think you will see the tickets sale will get better when people get there, I know we're buying ours when we get there. All I can say is thank you Don and Karin for everything thing you do for us!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Kevin , I agree . There is no better people than Don and Karin .
I plan on buying at the festivities as well .
As for the question . What is Boofest ?
It started off from a humble offering of a get together at his cottage . This became too many guests for such a small island .
So we decided to meet once a year at his vacant piece of property .
Each year we have got together to talk about our hunting adventures , our personal life (be it good or bad )and to above all have fun . That is why Dons rule has been no excessive drinking . Yes alcohol is consumed . :D We shoot some bows at targets . The last couple of years we had some prizes that were donated by the shooters and such . We had an impromptu raffle for a young lady who`s father I worked with .
To sum it up .
Boofest is a family reunion of family you have not met yet . :D
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
TPM

Post by TPM »

amythntr wrote:
Boo wrote:Sorry Dan, I have to clear something up. While I might be splitting hairs, I want to be clear.
...you guys and gals have no clue of the amount of work involved in putting together a gathering such as Boofest and the work involved and love (coming from the heart) the great people donating items, setting up the charity, running it and keeping track of everything.....from my perspective as well (as Boo stated above) it is disheartening to see the lack of support to date....if you saw the list of people who have contributed ...some are active in the raffle, some have given more than once, some from other forums, contribution from a banned member and one from the Czech Republic.....there are so many who frequent this forum who have received invaluable information (free may I add) that have not even bought 1-$20 ticket....as I said...disheartening....and yet we travel on for the sake of 5 year old Makena....

As in the past, most who plan on buying raffle tickets and are planning on attending Boofest do it when they get there. There are also a few people who can't make it to Boofest who give money to those of us who are to buy tickets on their behalf. Don't worry, sales will pick up.
As for what Boofest is? It's been said in the past Boofest is like going to a family reunion except the people there are actually people you want to be with. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

How is payment being sent ? Anyway to put a couple tags on a c/card... I'm not set up for pay-pall. No way I can attend in person.

Ideas? Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

L. E. Carroll wrote:How is payment being sent ? Anyway to put a couple tags on a c/card... I'm not set up for pay-pall. No way I can attend in person.

Ideas? Gene
.....Gene, there are 3 different raffles going on. All 3 to benefit Makena. You have to decide which raffle you are interested in:

1. If you would like a ticket to win on of 3 new bows or a vintage Relayer, Big John is running that raffle. Here is his contact information for check payment:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=57708

2. If you want a ticket to win a custom made wooden stock for your crossbow by Mike (Agingcrossbower) OR a donated, already made (by Aging crossbower) wooden stock for your crossbow (right handed) I am running those raffles:

If you are interested in the custom made one (ACB) OR the donated one (#2) please mail your check to me:

Anthony R. Romano
3-43 30th Street
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410

Here are pictures of the stock which has been donated #2:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=57788

You would just indicate on your check how many raffle tickets and for which stock; "ACB" or "#2":

Thanks,

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings