Question about Spitfire mechanicals

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WNYBILL

Question about Spitfire mechanicals

Post by WNYBILL »

Does the MAX 1 3/4 work as well as the normal 1 1/2?

What size dental bands work best? Do you a different size for the MAXX?

Does the normal Spitfire with a dental band work as well as the special cross bow Spitfire?

Thanks.
vixenmaster

Re: Question about Spitfire mechanicals

Post by vixenmaster »

I have used the 1 1/4 & 1 1/2" Spits. No dental bands required as it uses dimpled clips
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:I have used the 1 1/4 & 1 1/2" Spits. No dental bands required as it uses dimpled clips
X2...no dental bands required at all...they both flew the same for me...my suggestion is to pick up a couple of their practice heads!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Spitfires are great if you don't hit any bone... shooting vert. my father in law has had two different Spitfire's hit bone and curve the tip... this causes the arrow to go straight down. We got lucky and found both deer but the tracking job was tricky to say the least. On a good note, they do leave a very nice blood trail if all go's well.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-3 no bands needed, Both the maxx for crossbows, and the spitfires are very good broadheads, used them for years in my compound days, with great success, but now have moved on to Swhackers for my deer hunting. Really like the way they penetrate on a quartering away shots.. Much better..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)