Danny Miller

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

Re: Danny Miller

Post by wildcatter »

If a guy wants to find a new drink'n buddy, or some guy that makes up for his lack of intelligence with yes sir and pumping you up with agreeing and with everything you say and think you want, go to Cabela's or Bass Pro, or DICK's,,,, but if you the best service from a knowledgeable dealer that can educate the manufacturer on what is rite and wrong with something, Danny is your man, and with that you get a dealer that will bend over backwards to get you taken care of with everything you need and nothing you don't. We may never set down to a steak dinner, but I probably owe him one!!! :wink: but I will alway trust Danny to look out for my best interest anytime I deal with him,,,,,,how many other people can you do that with, and be positive they are all about you???

I find Dave Wyvern much the same to deal with, both models of who I want to do business with!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Boo wrote:Same goes for most of the string makers here? What does that have to do with Danny?
Just drawing a comparison Boo,,,just a compliment to the string makers,,I find your post confusing!!
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Lemme tell a few DM stories......1st off, back in '07 I ordered some arrows from him...I had 5" fletch, alum inserts and his came in w/ 4" fletch and brass inserts. Sooo, I called him up.

Me: Noticed some diff in the arrows you sent me...
DM: And?
Me: I was hoping to match the factory arrows I got w/ my Emax. [357 gr] His were about 426 gr.
DM: Did you try them?
Me: No, I didn't want to try to return used arrows.
DM: Try them..........

I learned a lesson here.

2nd experience....I'd bought an Emax prior to knowing about DM. I ordered a Phoenix from him. I also let him talk me into a Y-25. I was on the phone w/ him questioning the comparative fps between Emax and Phoenix.

DM: Your Emax is all right.
Me: How come the Phoenix is shooting xxx fps?
DM: It's not a Phoenix
Me: The hell you say, I bought it from you and it says Phoenix on the rail.
DM: LOLOL, got a tape measure?

Turns out the Phoenix was an Exocet and I'd just placed an order for a Y-25 [2nd Exocet]

About right here, Boo, Tom and Xbowking pulled into my driveway........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sooooo....I sold the Phoenix/Exocet [loved that xbow] and got the Y-25 [loved it more]

I've had a long relationship w/ Danny M and when he talks, I listen close.......

Since '06 [when I jined up] it seems like there's a few folks not happy w/ Danny and they post here.....Doesn't work well for them.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
GodsRanger

Post by GodsRanger »

I have NO Earthly idea what or Why Anyone would be offended by Danny ? He's just a Good old' Country Boy!! Who tells it like it is !!! Ifen they have a problem taking it on the chin ? Spend 18 years and a few in Battalion ? With Spec Grunts ??? Youll think Mr. Miller was Cream puff ? No offence Danny!!! Sir!!! : )
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

:mrgreen: Next time you talk w/ him, ask him about the guy unhappy there was 2 grains diff in a dozen arrows!!
"Eze 18:21"
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Danny Miller is pretty much a crossbow legend. He was Bill's first dealer in the U.S. and is one of the most knowledgeable crossbow experts on the planet. Danny however does not have a BS filter and is 100% honest 100% of the time. If you're wrong he will tell you so. If you give him any BS he will not take it well. If you lie to him, same thing. He would make a poor politician since he can only tell you the truth. And some people can't handle the truth. ( I think that was in some movie :D )

If you have a bad experience with Danny you have violated one of the above conditions. Danny is a great friend and I love the guy. He is one the most honest people I know.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Danny Miller is pretty much a crossbow legend. He was Bill's first dealer in the U.S. and is one of the most knowledgeable crossbow experts on the planet. Danny however does not have a BS filter and is 100% honest 100% of the time. If you're wrong he will tell you so. If you give him any BS he will not take it well. If you lie to him, same thing. He would make a poor politician since he can only tell you the truth. And some people can't handle the truth. ( I think that was in some movie :D )

If you have a bad experience with Danny you have violated one of the above conditions. Danny is a great friend and I love the guy. He is one the most honest people I know.
Peter I have had the privilege of meeting Danny on more then a few occations. The first time was at a 20 year factory tour BillT put together for forum members. I took my "orginal Relayer" and when Danny found out I was still shootin & hunting with it, well lets just say he let me have it with "both barrels" LOL. Tells me that bow is a historical piece and should be put on display, but I tell him it still works like it did when new LOL.

Everytime I have met him since, he asks me if I still use the Relayer, then starts on me again when I tell him yes. We laugh about it and even though I have only met him a few times, I would classify him as a friend. He is honest, straight forword, what more do you want from someone.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Danny Miller is pretty much a crossbow legend. He was Bill's first dealer in the U.S. and is one of the most knowledgeable crossbow experts on the planet. Danny however does not have a BS filter and is 100% honest 100% of the time. If you're wrong he will tell you so. If you give him any BS he will not take it well. If you lie to him, same thing. He would make a poor politician since he can only tell you the truth. And some people can't handle the truth. ( I think that was in some movie :D )

I'll be talking to him tonight. He'll be smiling when I read your post to him! It will make his day! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

After I called him "Dad" he took down my mail addy and sent me the screws I wanted free and wouldn't even charge me for postage.
I don't think he realizes how old I am or he probably would have charged me double the price. :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Oops!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bubba

Post by bubba »

JUSTANUFF wrote:
Boo wrote:Same goes for most of the string makers here? What does that have to do with Danny?
Just drawing a comparison Boo,,,just a compliment to the string makers,,I find your post confusing!!
JUSTANUFF....Not to stir the pot.. But.. Your post is confusing to me. Reads more like a jab, than a compliment..I can under stand Boos comment .. Read between the lines...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

I've only dealt with Dan Miller a couple of times but he will do right by you! I will continue to deal with him. Great prices and great info. :!: :!: :!:
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!