Danny Miller

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Danny Miller

Post by BrotherRon »

Just got off the phone with Danny as I needed a few replacement screws for my Matrix 310 & 330. I won't go into full details but he advised against an upgrade to my bow and I went ahead and picked it up from a member here at a good price since Dan said it was back ordered anyway. The screws have a habit of rounding easily when removed so I ordered a few more.
First thing he said was "you went ahead and ordered that part I told you not to didn't you" You guys are just like a bunch of kids that won't listen to their parents....
All I could say was "Yes Dad" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by BrotherRon on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
8ptbuk

Re: Danny Miller

Post by 8ptbuk »

Lol Ron ! You Never have to worry what Danny thinks about something !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Danny won't get any splinters ridin' the fence :lol:
bubba

Post by bubba »

This brings up some thing i'd like to share with the members here, just a few days ago after i placed my thread on at long last me getting my 355, and i gave credit to Danny Miller and David at Wyverns and to all the members here that have been of great help and knowledge too me. Anyway a fairly new member P.M. ed me, No need for names... About acc, and such for his bow. And he told me Danny Miller was very rude and nasty over the phone to him, more than once and was asking about David at Wyverns and how he was to customers? I was shocked to say the least... Danny Miller has always been completely easy to talk with for me any way, and has never been short or nasty...In fact i always look forward to talking with him. I try and keep it short because i know he is a busy guy, but still always a pleasure. Anyone else ever had a problem? I mean it really don't matter nun...Just thought i'd throw it out there......
Last edited by bubba on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

bubba wrote:This brings up some thing i'd like to share with the members here, just a few days ago after i placed my thread on at long last me getting my 355, and i gave credit to Danny Miller and David at Wyverns and to all the members here that have been of great help and knowledge too me. Anyway a fairly new member P.M. ed me, No need for names... About acc, and such for his bow. And he told me Danny Miller was very rude and nasty over the phone to him, more than once and was asking about David at Wyverns and how he was to customers? I was shocked to say the least... Danny Miller has always completely easy to talk with for me any way, and has never been short or nasty...In fact i always look forward to talking with him. I try and keep it short because i know he is a busy guy, but still always a pleasure. Anyone else ever had a problem? I mean it really don't matter nun...Just thought i'd throw it out there......
DM is definitely rough around the edges....and that is part of what is so cool about him...in my experience he will sometimes point blank tell you that you did or asked something stupid but he never tries to "BS" anyone and NEVER will steer you wrong.....he will try to talk you out of spending money on stuff you really don't need even if he would make a bigger profit keeping quiet and taking the order....and he is generous with his time, even though we all know time means money....so if you have thin skin maybe don't deal with DM but IMHO its better to just toughen up a bit and enjoy dealing with a real "throwback" character who is 100% genuine.
norm
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Over the phone sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between rudeness and brutal honesty. Sometimes brutal honesty can be tough to hear. I'm a big fan of it even when I don't want to hear it. He sounds like my kind of guy.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
steven in England

Post by steven in England »

I have dealt with Danny for maybe 17 years now and although we have never met I regard him as a friend. I think I was probably his first customer that he shipped to outside of the States and Canada. We have dealers over here in the UK that I could buy from, but even though it takes much longer to get here I only buy from Danny due to his customer service and getting to know him over the years. Danny has never let me down in 17 years and I know he never will. He is a top guy and if I ever have the money I would love to fly over and meet him some day.
Steven
Steven in England
Boo

Post by Boo »

DuckHunt wrote:Over the phone sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between rudeness and brutal honesty. Sometimes brutal honesty can be tough to hear. I'm a big fan of it even when I don't want to hear it. He sounds like my kind of guy.

DuckHunt
Well said!
Overly sensitive people should call Dave at Wyvern. But Dave has his brutal moments as well! Dave just has a longer wick! :shock:
I've never felt that either we ever rude to me.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

As crossbow enthusiasts,,and partial to the Excal name,,,we are fortunate to have GENIUNE people like Danny M and Dave W that knows their business,, and their focus is in taking care of the customer,,same goes for most of the string makers here,,it's not always about "the Buck" :wink:
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
bubba

Post by bubba »

I guess i can see what ya'll mean, he is his own kind of a guy. And i'm use to strong personality people, i just get a kick out of talking to him. A down home guy that's just a pleasure... Speaks his mind, is true to his word, and will always try and save you a buck or two....SMILE...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
kd8jgu

Post by kd8jgu »

What I like about DM is he holds nothing back
Straight forward
This you have to handle each person with kid gloves
Is destroying small business
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

He is a hoot!!! He's a great guy to talk to and to deal with. And has some fun stories too. :D :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Same goes for most of the string makers here? What does that have to do with Danny?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Yes, Danny is a great guy and I really enjoy dealing with him :)
He will tell you exactly what he thinks, and it is a good idea to pay attention to what he says. :wink:
Last edited by BrotherRon on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Waif

Post by Waif »

I have yet to deal with Danny.
He repeatedly is reported to have kept costs below what buyers may have faced by filling a need rather than pushing a sale of something someone did not need.
That's not being into something for the most possible profit.
Service,parts and knowledge are a resource. Knowledge you get charged for most areas of service. No report of such when Danny is helping.
Looking out for a customers wallet on top of that by not taking advantage of ignorance just screams champion.
How many straight shootin sales and service folks we deal with is less each year,so if Danny were to be blunt about my wandering in concept or idea, he would still deserve a thanks even if sound truth in advice was not sugar coated.
Plenty of folks are willing to sell someone what they don't need.
With a big warm smile.
I had a mechanic once that was like draggin the cat home backwards in conversation.
But I told him he was(and he was) the best locally, despite our differences.
His tools,skills and knowledge combined with experience made him an important resource not to be complained of if his communication was not hug,hug, kiss,kiss.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.