Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Stringin Aid

Post by Boo »

colouredchameleon wrote: There you go "Peter" a SIMPLE solution endorsed by BOO

" SIMPLE" that is !!!!
IF !
and that is a big " IF" it really is such a simple safe solution I wonder why then has Excalibur not also see it as well and endorse the use of a simple piece of rope to serve as a Stringing Aid with all their models.
Excalibur could easily at next to NO COST endorse this approach by including a similar piece of rope shown above with instructions in their manual how to use it as a substitute Stringing Aid. With the added bonus of there being little to no impact on the crossbow package price points.
Excalibur could then simply draw attention to and promote as an upgradable option to the more robust Excalibur brand Stringing Aid.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks Boo !!
It works, I've made several of them. Much more compact and with a bit of creativity, it is somewhat adjustable. Best is that it's cheap.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
amythntr wrote:.....out of fear of upsetting anyone or offending anyone (because here in the states we are very worried about that all of a sudden) I am going to apologize up front...sorry!

....I believe that something so critical to the correct usage of the Matrix/Micro series; "a stringing aid" should be part of the package....

.....or at least it should be indicated on the box that a "stringing aid" is an integral part of proper usage of the bow so the purchaser at a store (assuming it comes in a box) would know it's needed for proper usage....or a sticker or a label on the limbs, riser or a fold over warning label attached to the string ....something to warn the user that they are inviting trouble without the stringer....

.....if there was a fold over warning label on the string and the bow was put together in the store the buyer would read it...ask the salesman to add in a stringer and either the store would have it or look stupid that they don't...but the buyer would then be on notice....

.....I honestly do not see the comparison of a stringing aid to a "better" scope,
, broadheads, an extra string etc....all of which are "options" and not needed for proper bow usage....

.....that is just my take....

Anthony :)
Anthony, no offence taken.
I meant what I said, if everyone wants this changed we should all go to our retailers and make demands when we buy a bow without a stringing aid. We are not directly Excalibur's customers, the retailers are. Their responsibility is to inform us of our purchase. The manufacturer sells to the retailer, not to the consumer. The retailer has far more influence on what comes in a package.
If the package included a rope style stringing aid, do you think people would complain, even though it's completely functional and at the same time more convenient?
...I understand that the retailer is Excalibur's customer...however, with that said there have been many discussions on this forum with regard to the "almighty retailer" not having a clue as to what "we" or "novice purchasers" need...I think we, on this forum provide a much better sounding board....

....with regard to a simple rope stringer being included....I think that would go a long way in dealing with a potential problem....

....once the user became familiar with their equipment and join the forum we will do our part to screw up their minds into what they ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: and then they can order the better scope, broadheads and the must have flemish twist in 14 different colors with 24 karat gold strands :shock: :lol: ....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

[quote="Boo"]

I meant what I said, if everyone wants this changed we should all go to our retailers and make demands when we buy a bow without a stringing aid. We are not directly Excalibur's customers, the retailers are. Their responsibility is to inform us of our purchase. The manufacturer sells to the retailer, not to the consumer. The retailer has far more influence on what comes in a package.

FOCLMAO

Bones

Post by Bones »

Wish my compound Xbow manufacturer would include a bow press with their package ! Make life a lot easier!
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Thanks for the thread. This is a common point of discussion internally with our staff. Here's the deal, when you're competing with all the different crossbow makes out there the number one concern is competitive pricing and value for the money. A $30 stringing aid may not sound like much but by the time it gets included in a package it could put it into an uncompetitive price range.

We realize that the stringing aid is an essential accessory if you wish to service your own crossbow or change the string. Our hope was that dealers would upsell customers stringing aids and a spare string since they are both great things to have. But, the problem is some dealers don't carry the accessory no matter how hard we try to get them to stock it.

So here is the question, if we included a stringing aid would you pay more for the package? If we took a few arrows out of the kit would that be better than not having a stringing aid?

Peter

I bet that stringing aid costs Excal between 2-4$ to make if even that,,,,C'mon,,, :roll: All bows should have the stringing aid included!
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Peter,,,,can you describe the content and frequency of surveys you send out to your retailers??? :?:
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Boo wrote:

FOCLMAO

Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

JUSTANUFF wrote:
colouredchameleon wrote:
Boo wrote:

FOCLMAO

Peter,,,is this how it works???
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
strum

Post by strum »

Bones wrote:Wish my compound Xbow manufacturer would include a bow press with their package ! Make life a lot easier!
finally!! someone who gets it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

If we could just compare apples to apples, and not a bunch of day dream BS we might actually drive the point home to add the tool that is vital to maintaining EVERY Excalibur crossbow sold these days. Pretty soon some of these guys are going to ask for magic Batman rings too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Ya, I'm gonna have to call shenanigans. There is no way that two pieces of plastic and three feet of cord is worth 35 bucks. I made mine out of 3/8 teflon and a piece of lawn mower starter cord. Grand total= $4.25. If I bought in bulk I could halve the price. Nice mark up Peter. So tell me again why it would be prohibitively expensive to include it in the kits. I was lucky in that the good folks on this forum let me know that the bow was basically useless without the stringer. So I purchased one when I bought the bow. Lucky for me our hunting store owner was Excal Savy. You do your customers a great disservice by not including them for a Reasonable price.
Respectfully,
Hank
William Biggs

Post by William Biggs »

OK but from a macro POV... Excalibur sells to retailer, then to the consumer. But if there's a problem due to not having a stringer, Excalibur gets the call not the retailer. Doesn't this create more customer service which equals more money. Jmo
#teamMatrix
Nikon Bolt w/ AR rings
Danny Miller stops
strum

Post by strum »

strum wrote:
Bones wrote:Wish my compound Xbow manufacturer would include a bow press with their package ! Make life a lot easier!
finally!! someone who gets it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im not trying to fuel a fire here but think about it. Every compound bow (vertical or xbow) has to visit the press to get any work done. And a visit to the pro shop can be pricey and also a bit of a drag. The alternative is to bite the bullet and shell out a few hundos for your own press.
So we by an Excalibur . Why?. because we love the fact that we can do all the maintenance ourselves. WITHOUT A PRESS Now were mad because we have to spend 25-30 bucks on an item that replaces a 500 hundred dollar press and-or all the trips to the bow shop?
What was Excalibur thinking :roll:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The difference is in my opinion the compound model is ready to shoot without requiring any bow press work for some time. The recurve model will rather quickly, if not immediately need adjustments. Factor in the rush of newbies chasing after speed, etc. that have no idea what they just purchased requires, fueled by inappropriately trained techs, and the equation spells warrant, and bad publicity. We all know that guy that never reads instructions. :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Wow, this thread is taking on a life of its own! :D

First off, the end user is ultimately our customer. Consumers are king and decide what they want and how much they want to spend. A dealer can help consumers make decisions but with everybody carrying a phone with instant access to information most consumers know what they want before going to a store.

I have brought up the stringing aid included with crossbow topic again with our team and we will discuss it. I personally would like to see the stringing aid included but there are many factors we need to consider.
Nice mark up Peter.
Let me address this...in my books profit is never a bad word. If a company did not make profit we would all be out of a job and Excalibur crossbow would cease to exist. Everybody on this forum relies or did rely on an income that came from somebody making a profit. Whether it was private or public sector your income came from profit or taxes, it's what makes the world go around. We have almost 100 employee's plus a large facility that takes money to run. We also have to service all our dealers, distributors and end users with warranty which does cost an enormous amount of money.

So, do we make money on stringing aids, absolutely. Can you make your own cheap, yes. You could also cook your own food, make your own furniture and grow your own vegetables. But, there are thousands of businesses that make profit providing these good and services.

Sorry for the long response but it irks me when people complain about companies making money, that is what companies do.

Peter