Stringin Aid

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Stringin Aid

Post by vixenmaster »

I think it should be included with every model of the upper pounders. 405-380-355-Micro's. If'en the price increases $10-$20 so be it. Like cockin ropes you jus can't have too many. Why no too many, my latest furbaby loves to chew them. :shock:
Last edited by vixenmaster on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Re: Stringin Aid

Post by bubba »

X- 2 Without a doubt, and i think most feel that way...........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X3, we've been saying that for a long while now!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
archerytho

Post by archerytho »

Dont mean to offend anyone. But wouldnt it be in the companys best interest to just make the string even a 1/4 inch shorter. Yes a string will keep on stretching but this surely the easiest option?
Excalibur Axiom
Leupold VX1 2-7 33mm
HHA Optimiser
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

No, here's why i say that. If the bow is in the box for an extended period of time, who knows where it will line up. Every bow, and every string has to have the brace height reset at some point, you just cannot own an Excalibur and not need a stringing aide. The other thing I would point out is this, if it's in the box, folks are going to want to know what it is, and how to use it!! All good if you ask me. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
the elf

Post by the elf »

I agree ALL models should have the aid included with the bow-----
NO MATTER WHICH MODEL is purchased !
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've owned a lot of Excals, but only needed one str aid....... :mrgreen: Have two now, last one is a heavy duty made and sold by Danny Miller. Life is good....... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Agree 100%. If the stringer is an integral and indispensable part of a crossbow, it should come with one. Cmon Peter, add stringers to the bow packages. Respectfully, Hank
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

X5!!!!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I would agree that stringing aids should come with a new bow. I couldn't even shoot my new bow until I ordered an aid from Danny. The string was digging into the bumpers so bad that I was afraid to shoot it.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Seafermiles

Post by Seafermiles »

Here is a way if you don't want to wait or pay for a commercial one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zWUFfO6UqU
Sea Ya

Matrix 330, AirBrakes, Reds, Cheek Piece, Ex-tender
Smokepolehall Flemish String
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Seafermiles wrote:Here is a way if you don't want to wait or pay for a commercial one.

....I have seen that a few different times...so there, there is no excuse for NOT having a stringer or the ability to obtain one in a half hr trip to your nearest HD, Lowes or Canadian Tire....

Just shows to go you the markup in the accessories!

ANthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Excalibur has to know this is a big issue. Why they don't include one pisses a lot of people off including myself. Would you buy a Remington 700 and then have to buy a bolt for it before you can shoot it. Wake up Excalibur!!!! I've had to adjust my brace height 4 times sense I've bought it and I've only had it a couple of months. Either put a string on them that doesn't stretch ( impossible ) or include a stringer. When you pay $1000 for something you expect to be able to shoot it the day you take it home.
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Seafermiles wrote:Here is a way if you don't want to wait or pay for a commercial one.

Great video!!!!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Thanks for the thread. This is a common point of discussion internally with our staff. Here's the deal, when you're competing with all the different crossbow makes out there the number one concern is competitive pricing and value for the money. A $30 stringing aid may not sound like much but by the time it gets included in a package it could put it into an uncompetitive price range.

We realize that the stringing aid is an essential accessory if you wish to service your own crossbow or change the string. Our hope was that dealers would upsell customers stringing aids and a spare string since they are both great things to have. But, the problem is some dealers don't carry the accessory no matter how hard we try to get them to stock it.

So here is the question, if we included a stringing aid would you pay more for the package? If we took a few arrows out of the kit would that be better than not having a stringing aid?

Peter