Stringin Aid

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Re: Stringin Aid

Post by strum »

I am on the hook about should it be included or not.
part of me says ..yes its needed and should be included but I also understand Peters position. Its easy for us to say ..Oh just include one. Its not our money..
But from Excalibur's point of view they are in the business of selling products.
where should they stop GIVING? They offer the best CS there is and who knows how much free repairs are done. EVEN THOUGH ITS USER ERROR
Somewhere along the line they need to make some revenue and accessories are a vital part of the equation.
What I don't get is why people purchase one when they buy their crossbow.
The first thing I did when i looked at Excalibur was see what was needed.
Hmm
Bow ,arrows, cocking aid, stringing aid,arrow puller,target( maybe they should include one of those too. you cant shoot with out one :mrgreen: )
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

TO answer your last questions Peter

Include it.!

Either increase the prices a few dollars or as you say you must do to stay in business or I guess continue to set a price point to trick a person into buying your product then blind side them immediately after the sale. "Trust"????

Wonder which scenario is best from a customer trust relation satisfaction perspective.

Which to continue the practise in a lot of cases means the new buyer only finds out is essential when back home and anxious after getting set up to shot their new purchase for the first time only to discover they cannot without making an adjustment first.

( Which you dismiss rather poorly by trying to redirect blame to the Dealer which I can only conclude for you to do so is that the dealers must have chosen to blatantly ignore despite what must have been on your part a direct clearly communicated instruction / training from Excalibur of the string aids importances .)

The New Excalibur owner then have to pack up, head back to the dealer or call them to then discover they may have to wait days if not weeks for the dealer to order one in. ( Which was my first experience with Excalibur) (2 weeks) ( 5 bows shops in my area some 150 kms away ++++ $$$$$ did not have in stock) (2 weeks to the start of hunting season) . Guess what I was thinking about Excalibur then.

Compound that with the fact that the new owner may have also had to travels miles from their home to a place where they could set up and legally shoot. ( more wasted time and dollars). ( my experience as well)

INCLUDE IT !

STOP this is nickel and dime $$$$ practise that no amount of customer service can make up for.
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Which to continue the practise in a lot of cases means the new buyer only finds out is essential when back home and anxious and getting set up to shot their new purchase only to discover they cannot without making an adjustment first. ( Which you poorly then try to redirect blame to the dealer )
Then they have to then head back to the dealer or call them to then discover they may have to wait days if not weeks for the dealer to order one in. ( Which was my first experience with Excalibur) (2 weeks) ( 5 bows shops in my area some 150 kms away ++++ $$$$$ did not have in stock)
Compound that with the fact that the new owner may have also had to travels miles from their home to a place where they could set up and legally shoot. ( more wasted time and dollars).
Very good points and that is a very frustrating situation. BTW, we are not placing blame on the dealers its just some will only sell the crossbows and are not interested in carrying accessories which can be frustrating from our point of view. Nobody should ever have to wait 2 weeks to get something as essential as a stringing aid or a string, these are normal everyday purchases for crossbow owners. We have lots of dealers who carry every one of our accessories and do a fantastic job of representing the entire line. But some areas don't sell many crossbows so dealers don't stock as many accessories. So there are many factors to what items dealers stock and what they don't.

Years ago we use to sell our crossbows as a "bare crossbow only" and then offered a "Right Stuff" package that had every accessory including broad heads. The problem was people would complain because once they bought the crossbow and the package the price was high since there was so much included. We then offered our crossbow models in the new "Lite Stuff" packages we have today so they were more competitively priced. Sorry for the boring marketing talk but I thought it was good to show you our side of the fence.

It's sometimes a challenge to market products and try to please everybody. But, discussions like this really helps us when making decisions.

We do listen! :D

Peter
colouredchameleon

.. Define

Essential

1.absolutely necessary; extremely important.
synonyms: crucial, necessary, key, vital, indispensable, important, all-important, of the essence, critical, imperative,mandatory, compulsory, obligatory

Accessory / Accesories

1. a thing that can be added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile, or attractive.
synonyms:attachment, extra, addition, add-on
2. contributing to or aiding an activity or process in a minor way

Which description best describes the Stringing Aid .
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I consider a Stringing Aid a NECESSITY not an accessory ! Definitely should be included .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Life is not a hamburger, you can't always have it your way. :mrgreen:
What about the people who think a better scope should be included? How about an arrow puller? Broadheads? Spare string? Arrow lube? A case?
Don't like it? Want to get it done rather than beat a dead horse here on the forum?? Tell the dealer that you're not buying one unless Excalibur includes a stringing aid. Of course some dealers might have to be told what a stringing aid is for!
Apparently gone are the days that sales staff are supposed to know the product they sell.
This is one stupid thread!

Some people just like stepping on rakes
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

My stringing aid made from lawn mower starter rope & I made several. The loops are about 2" and formed by using a bowline knot, (http://www.animatedknots.com/bowline/), which makes it easy to adjust the aid for length between the loops.

Last edited by Deerstalker on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
Boo

Post by Boo »

Deerstalker wrote:My stringing aid made from lawn mower starter rope & I made several.

What are you doing!!!! If it's that simple, people will have to look else where to complain! :lol: :lol: :lol:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

A $30 stringing aid may not sound like much but by the time it gets included in a package it could put it into an uncompetitive price range.
Years ago we use to sell our crossbows as a "bare crossbow only"
Years ago, [pre Matrix/Micro] one could get by w/o a stringing aid.......Usta died....

Who came up w/ the $30 price for two pieces of plastic and a string? I guess it's good if you can get it.... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....out of fear of upsetting anyone or offending anyone (because here in the states we are very worried about that all of a sudden) I am going to apologize up front...sorry!

....I believe that something so critical to the correct usage of the Matrix/Micro series; "a stringing aid" should be part of the package....

.....or at least it should be indicated on the box that a "stringing aid" is an integral part of proper usage of the bow so the purchaser at a store (assuming it comes in a box) would know it's needed for proper usage....or a sticker or a label on the limbs, riser or a fold over warning label attached to the string ....something to warn the user that they are inviting trouble without the stringer....

.....if there was a fold over warning label on the string and the bow was put together in the store the buyer would read it...ask the salesman to add in a stringer and either the store would have it or look stupid that they don't...but the buyer would then be on notice....

.....I honestly do not see the comparison of a stringing aid to a "better" scope,
, broadheads, an extra string etc....all of which are "options" and not needed for proper bow usage....

.....that is just my take....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Seafermiles

Post by Seafermiles »

The price is what drove me to make my own. Had a sheet of 3/8" nylon handy that filled the bill.
Sea Ya

Matrix 330, AirBrakes, Reds, Cheek Piece, Ex-tender
Smokepolehall Flemish String
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

amythntr wrote:.....out of fear of upsetting anyone or offending anyone (because here in the states we are very worried about that all of a sudden) I am going to apologize up front...sorry!

....I believe that something so critical to the correct usage of the Matrix/Micro series; "a stringing aid" should be part of the package....

.....or at least it should be indicated on the box that a "stringing aid" is an integral part of proper usage of the bow so the purchaser at a store (assuming it comes in a box) would know it's needed for proper usage....or a sticker or a label on the limbs, riser or a fold over warning label attached to the string ....something to warn the user that they are inviting trouble without the stringer....

.....if there was a fold over warning label on the string and the bow was put together in the store the buyer would read it...ask the salesman to add in a stringer and either the store would have it or look stupid that they don't...but the buyer would then be on notice....

.....I honestly do not see the comparison of a stringing aid to a "better" scope,
, broadheads, an extra string etc....all of which are "options" and not needed for proper bow usage....

Could not agree more!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:.....out of fear of upsetting anyone or offending anyone (because here in the states we are very worried about that all of a sudden) I am going to apologize up front...sorry!

Anthony, no offence taken.
I meant what I said, if everyone wants this changed we should all go to our retailers and make demands when we buy a bow without a stringing aid. We are not directly Excalibur's customers, the retailers are. Their responsibility is to inform us of our purchase. The manufacturer sells to the retailer, not to the consumer. The retailer has far more influence on what comes in a package.
If the package included a rope style stringing aid, do you think people would complain, even though it's completely functional and at the same time more convenient?
colouredchameleon

Boo wrote:
Deerstalker wrote:My stringing aid made from lawn mower starter rope & I made several.

What are you doing!!!! If it's that simple, people will have to look else where to complain! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There you go "Peter" a SIMPLE solution endorsed by BOO

" SIMPLE" that is !!!!
IF !
and that is a big " IF" it really is such a simple safe solution I wonder why then has Excalibur not also see it as well and endorse the use of a simple piece of rope to serve as a Stringing Aid with all their models.
Excalibur could easily at next to NO COST endorse this approach by including a similar piece of rope shown above with instructions in their manual how to use it as a substitute Stringing Aid. With the added bonus of there being little to no impact on the crossbow package price points.
Excalibur could then simply draw attention to and promote as an upgradable option to the more robust Excalibur brand Stringing Aid.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks Boo !!
strum

Post by strum »

Everyone of us have one..er two . So we're good 8)
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16