What's the best bag target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Phillyarcher

What's the best bag target

Post by Phillyarcher »

I just got a Micro 335 and love it. The only problem is that the field point sticks out and the fletching is about the same distance which makes removing real hard. The target I use is a foam layer. Looking into a bag target. I'm shooting the quills that came with the bow. I heard the morrell elite super is a good one and there crossbow one also. Just do not want to spend money and have same problem. Any help would be good
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
hankenhunter

Re: What's the best bag target

Post by hankenhunter »

So far, the best bag target for me are the ones I made myself. Put a burlap bag inside another one. Stuff bag real tight with cloth rags and sew up the top. Spray paint what ever amount of shooting dots you want and Bob's your uncle. I am flinging 500 grs. of arrow at 325 ft. Per. Sec.and have never had an arrow go more than 8" in. Two finger removal is guaranteed. Or you could just buy a spider web bag target. 8)
Hank
Boo

Post by Boo »

The best bag target I have (and the cheapest) is a Third Hand Archery Bag that is stuffed with strips of nylon window screening material.
The Spyderweb and Bulldogs are good but expensive. They are a bit hard on the arrow shafts but if you use something lighter than the 380 or 405 you'll be ok. Just don't shoot real close.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

What's the best field point target...mine!

I have been making rag bags since I got into archery. This weekend, I tore apart the old ones, went to the feed store to buy some new bags, 20 cents apiece, and re-stuffed them.

I use two tall bags, doubled, and then just stuff and cram whatever I have for rags. When you think you're done, you're not. Grab a bunch more rags, a hockey stick, and cram more material into the target. I make bundles and tape them tightly with a little hockey tape just to compress it even more.

A few more tips, put heavier rags on the bottom, and lighter feed bags on the top, this will allow the target to stand upright with a lower centre of gravity. Leave enough slack at the top of the bag to bundle it together and then twist it as many times as you can. I zip tie the slack and tape it to compress the bag and create a carry handle.

I made two targets that will stop a 405 at point blank range and allow for two finger arrow removal for less than you'd pay for lunch. Not bad if you ask me.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
knife2sharp

Post by knife2sharp »

Spyder Web. The plastic web mesh sets them apart from all others.
bubba

Post by bubba »

The spyder web is the best i've seen. But Racking up points, and his method is my next bag... All ready saving up old blue jeans and rags........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Winddrifter

Post by Winddrifter »

Purchase two 20# bags of coloured rags from Princess Auto place them side to side and duct tape them together, cost 24$ Canadian works great, arrows go about four to six inches into targets. The tight compact 20# rag packs are packed in plastic, tight is best, get the square ones if you can, match set of two. Shoot at it from both sides, re tape when it gets worn, 3 inch sticky red targets can be placed on the packs for bow shooting, got mine at bass pro eight bucks for 48.

Post by newbie »

I'm with Don and Derrick, I have two rag bags and stuffed them with old sheets clothes etc. easy to remove the arrow and haven't had one go more then 6 inches into it!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

had a hurricane bag and arrows blew threw it
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have a third hand bag layered with cotton cloths, dam heavy lol I bet your idea of screening would be lighter.

Do you think layered fleece would work?? I want to try a new broad head out and did not want to slice up my bag, and since I was given a bunch of big pieces of fleece I would make another bag but wondered if the fleece would melt then stick to the arrows or if it would even stop an arrow.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

warningshot wrote:had a hurricane bag and arrows blew threw it
Biggest waste of my money ever. The Hurricane sucks.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

UPSMAN wrote:
warningshot wrote:had a hurricane bag and arrows blew threw it
Biggest waste of my money ever. The Hurricane sucks.
Was not happy with mine either!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen