Best Illuminated Nock?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SLP82

Best Illuminated Nock?

Post by SLP82 »

So I have been doing a little research on illuminated nocks and it seems all have failed at some time or another. From my personal research (but no actual experience), it seems the Nockturnal brand seems to be the most reliable based on amazon, cabelas, and sportsmanguide reviews from customers. Just wanted to see if any of your guys have any real world experience with them what your take is on them.
Excalibur Matrix Grizzly
Diablo's w/Boltcutters
rattlerun

Re: Best Illuminated Nock?

Post by rattlerun »

Firenocks. A little involved to get started, but foolproof. I love mine.
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

I use Nufletch Ignitors .300 Diameter in my Black Eagle Executioners.

They take a little getting used to but after you get the hang of them your good to go!
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Lumenocks are at the head of the class IMO. Easy battery change, batteries last a long time, very bright, easy on/off, easy install and lighter than most competitors.

The nockturnals are a "one size fits none" expanding glue type insert that I found would not stay tight, I had a few get flung out after hitting the target. They are made by Rage, so it's heavy on hype and light on performance. The on/off was a PIA and required use of a pointy tool or BH. They are not as bright as lumenocks and battery life was not as good. They are not well-reviewed by crossbow shooters on this forum.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....X2 with the Ignitors....find them extremely easy to use...can use a plastic bag to seal the insert in (no glue is necessary)....also have used the Lumenoks...to me more difficult to extinguish...but either one is an exceptional nock...

....don't know much about the Firenocks except that they a very expensive and you would cry for a day if you lost one with an errant arrow....if money is no option that's another story...

....would steer clear of the Nocturnals as they are terrible, terrible, terrible!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

racking up points wrote:Lumenocks are at the head of the class IMO. Easy battery change, batteries last a long time, very bright, easy on/of
f, easy install and lighter than most competitors.

The nockturnals are a "one size fits none" expanding glue type insert that I found would not stay tight, I had a few get flung out after hitting the target. They are made by Rage, so it's heavy on hype and light on performance. The on/off was a PIA and required use of a pointy tool or BH. They are not as bright as lumenocks and battery life was not as good. They are not well-reviewed by crossbow shooters on this forum.
This X2. Luminoks are what I choose if I use them. To be fair I haven't used the Ignitors but I like the one piece design of the luminoks where as the Ignitors have three I believe.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:
racking up points wrote:Lumenocks are at the head of the class IMO. Easy battery change, batteries last a long time, very bright, easy on/of
f, easy install and lighter than most competitors.

This X2. Luminoks are what I choose if I use them. To be fair I haven't used the Ignitors but I like the one piece design of the luminoks where as the Ignitors have three I believe.
....three is correct Mike...but i believe that the Lumenoks are a two piece design...not trying to split hairs here :mrgreen:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

My Lumenocks are a few years old and still have yet to fail, yes they are harder to shut off, but if you have a Danny Miller arrow puller tool it's a cinch to shut off.
Last edited by Bullzeye on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I don't use lighted nocks, but here's a pic of the aforementioned puller......Wouldn't be w/o one.....

"Eze 18:21"
SLP82

Post by SLP82 »

Looks like I will be trying Lumenok and Nufletch Ignitors then... I appreciate all the feedback guys.

I will have to pick up one of Danny's arrow pullers as well... thats yet another Danny product I have to add to the list... :lol:
Excalibur Matrix Grizzly
Diablo's w/Boltcutters
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Go with the Lumenocs or Ignitors. Both are good. I know Anthony loves his Ignitors. I have both but prefer the Lumenocs. Lumenocs are certainly easier to move from arrow to arrow as they don't require a separate insert.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

UPSMAN wrote:Go with the Lumenocs or Ignitors. Both are good. I know Anthony loves his Ignitors. I have both but prefer the Lumenocs. Lumenocs are certainly easier to move from arrow to arrow as they don't require a separate insert.
....Ignitors are equally as easy to move from shaft to shaft if one uses the plastic bag method to install the insert...If I can do it, anyone can....

PS- but as Dennis said, you cannot go wrong with either one...I have used both and would use both without even a second thought.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SLP82

Post by SLP82 »

amythntr wrote:
UPSMAN wrote:Go with the Lumenocs or Ignitors. Both are good. I know Anthony loves his Ignitors. I have both but prefer the Lumenocs. Lumenocs are certainly easier to move from arrow to arrow as they don't require a separate insert.
....Ignitors are equally as easy to move from shaft to shaft if one uses the plastic bag method to install the insert...If I can do it, anyone can....

PS- but as Dennis said, you cannot go wrong with either one...I have used both and would use both without even a second thought.
I think I have an idea of the plastic bag method but I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing... can you please elaborate on the details of this? Is it a zip lock plastic thickness or disposable plastic bag from the grocery store thickness? Sorry I am a details person...
Excalibur Matrix Grizzly
Diablo's w/Boltcutters
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Love the ignitors and won't go back to any others. Tried luminocks and won't buy any more as I just find the ignitor easier. I was not able to do the plastic bad trick but glued them in and I have zero problems. Love these and will be on my arrow on opening day for 2015.

Can't wait

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SLP82 wrote:
amythntr wrote:

I think I have an idea of the plastic bag method but I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing... can you please elaborate on the details of this? Is it a zip lock plastic thickness or disposable plastic bag from the grocery store thickness? Sorry I am a details person...
....grocery store thickness...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings