Additional Deer Seal

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gth

Post by gth »

I must have really been lucky.

I called at around 9:00am because I totally forgot it was to day until I spotted this post this am. I got in first try and got my tag for 82a.

wooo hoooo
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/mnr/Deer%20Seals.pdf

This will tell you whats left and where as of 11:00 am this morning
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Moreland

Post by Moreland »

This sucks! I called all moring, and never even got through!!!! Then I decided to go on the internet and see whether there was still any avalible. 700 tags, gone!!!!!!!!! (82A)
It's not a Passion. It's and Obsession.
Spring

Post by Spring »

I tried this am. Couldn't get through. Since work comes first I didn't get a chance to call again til this evening. Got through. WMU65 Sold out!

I suppose if I were unemployed and had nothing to do all day and a phone that'd repeat dial for me I might have got a tag on about the 2,397th call.

Oh well!

I still say they should do the same thing they do for additional turkey seals. I know not everyone agees but it would definitely be more fair.

Signed

Sore Loser aka Loser.

Cheers!
stump

Post by stump »

The lines are free now and there are plenty of tags left in most units. Thanks to ecoaster for supplying the link to the MNR's list of Hunt Codes.
http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/mnr/fwmenu.html

Good luck everyone, I look forward to seeing some great pictures this fall. Hopefully, one or two of them will be mine.
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

I get a second tag every year,.... wife has her hunting licence and her tag is the first to go. I kind of look at her tag as the meat tag and my tag as the trophy tag,... except I'd like to upgrade the trophy some day.

Post by Guest »

Hey Spring,

Why not buy a seal for one of the 3 WMU's next to WMU 65.
Between 64A, 64B and 66A there are still close to 10,000 ANTLERLESS seals available.

I think seals in 65 went so fast because both Antlered/Antlerless tags were available.......which in my opinion defeats the whole purpose.
There are too many doe's and fawns around......we need to get rid of them, FIRST!
Spring

Post by Spring »

Guest. Yup I broke down and bought one for 64A. 65 is in my backyard so its a question of convenience.

I used to hunt 64A so I know a few places there. Its just that over the years I've become quite spoiled with being 5-15 minutes drive away from my treestands.

Cheers!