What things have you come across ,hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerskinner

What things have you come across ,hunting

Post by deerskinner »

I know this is a different subject,but just was wondering what some of yall have come across,found,or experianced while you were out hunting or in the woods? I will get it started, 2 years ago I shot a doe early about 7am it ran after I shot it. Didn't start tracking until about 9am, followed blood trail about 50 yards, blood trail stopped. There was blood all over, but still no deer. Then I looked down where I was standing and I saw a hoof of my deer, it had been covered up with a lot of leaves. I pulled the leaves back and about one third of one of the hams had been eaten. I thought it was a bobcat that did it, but when I got the deer back to camp I told some fellow hunters what had happen, one guy told me it was a cougar that did it, I thought no way. The next day I went back to the spot I found her and I found its tracks, it was a cougar. That had never happened in all my years of hunting. Thought some of you might like this story! Ron!
vixenmaster

Re: What things have you come across ,hunting

Post by vixenmaster »

Wasn't when i was huntin, but when i was trout fishin in Humboldt county northen Calif. I found an old wooden wagon wheel wooden spokes & couple of flint arrowheads buried in the side of it. I reckon someone had a run-in wid some local Klamath Indians back in the late 1800's
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Waif

Post by Waif »

Wating on a cold winter stand for deer , just before dark a grey squirrel climbed an oak near me and hopped in a nest.
A few minutes later a black squirrel climbed the same tree, hopped in the nest and it sounded like a married couple.
Yellin and hollerin and growlin...
I expected one of them to get kicked out but it quieted down finally.
At last light a big fox squirrel came bouncing up towards the blind and that same oak and I though ohh boy this ought to be good.
But he took a route away.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I watched a red-tail hawk take out a rooster pheasant in a picked bean field one day.....

2nd red-tail experience, I'd shot a red squirrel in a dead fork where it stayed. As I sat there looking at it trying to figure out how to get it down, Bingo, a red-tail landed and lunched, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

Thats funny Waif,Yea them squirrels give me a fit when I am hunting in my tree stand.They don,t know what I am with all the cammo I have on.I have had some close calls with them rascals!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Was bass fishing in lake orange near gainsville early one morning in some thick lily pads, when a large bald eagle swooped down stanched up at least a five pound bass 30 feet from my boat..It was a beautiful sight as it pumped his wings to get up with that fish..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Big John

Post by Big John »

Was hunting in a swamp a few years back. Was about 1/2 hr. before dark. just about perfect Deer time! I was seriously staring out where Deer usually come from. I heard a wing thumping noise off in the distance, thought it was Turkeys going up for roost.
I was looking straight out in front of me at the ground when all of a sudden this LARGE bird came swooping along ground level very fast, then at the last second, it changed direction and turned straight up coming at me an alarming rate right at my stand and face then went right over my head!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Damn near pissed myself! :oops: :shock: :lol:
Seriously Freaked me out! Came about 6 "in. from my head!!! :shock:
It was a Large Owl !!!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I found an old moonshine still several year's ago while turkey hunting next to a creek. :shock: :)
Judging by the bottles it was pretty old.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

Keep um coming,love to here about hunting experiances,there is so much more to hunting than just the kill,it,s enjoying the outdoors,never know whats going to happen when we are out there or what you may come upon!
Waif

Post by Waif »

When I still climbed, I was in an oak with a bow over a fire trail when an amorous young couple, not hunting deer or sign, but it seemed hunting for a spot, made their way along it.
When about four feet away I said "Hello!"
The girl screamed and back pedaled about ten feet....nervous or somethin. :lol:
Axiom.S.M.F.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Waif wrote:When I still climbed, I was in an oak with a bow over a fire trail when an amorous young couple, not hunting deer or sign, but it seemed hunting for a spot, made their way along it.
Do you think she peed a little? :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Waif

Post by Waif »

I suspect they both did.
Axiom.S.M.F.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Waif wrote:When I still climbed, I was in an oak with a bow over a fire trail when an amorous young couple, not hunting deer or sign, but it seemed hunting for a spot, made their way along it.
....I have a similar story except a little more graphic from the Great South Bay in Long Island, NY....In the late '80's My buddy and I were out blue fishing and basically got to our spot at Zero Dark Hundred...threw the lines in and started fishing...

....as it got light we noticed another boat about 400yds away...it was like a little speed boat, not designed for fishing (at least not the fishing that we were there to do)...then we noticed what appeared to be a couple in their birthday suits...he was fishing all right and she was directing him to all of the right fishing holes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

....well it was kind of difficult for us to concentrate on the task at hand...the couple knew we were there but didn't seem to mind putting on a show...they looked like high school kids that were enjoying their summer vacation... (because they were moving into positions that now in my late 50's would be considered inhumane torture).... :shock: :shock: :shock:

....to this day my buddy Bob and I laugh when the story of the "blue boat" comes up in conversation.... :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Waif wrote:Wating on a cold winter stand for deer , just before dark a grey squirrel climbed an oak near me and hopped in a nest.
A few minutes later a black squirrel climbed the same tree, hopped in the nest and it sounded like a married couple.
Yellin and hollerin and growlin...
I expected one of them to get kicked out but it quieted down finally.
At last light a big fox squirrel came bouncing up towards the blind and that same oak and I though ohh boy this ought to be good.
But he took a route away.
Lol Waif funny as all get out :lol: :lol: :lol:
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

amythntr wrote:
....I have a similar story except a little more graphic from the Great South Bay in Long Island, NY....In the late '80's My buddy and I were out blue fishing and basically got to our spot at Zero Dark Hundred...threw the lines in and started fishing...

....as it got light we noticed another boat about 400yds away...it was like a little speed boat, not designed for fishing (at least not the fishing that we were there to do)...then we noticed what appeared to be a couple in their birthday suits...he was fishing all right and she was directing him to all of the right fishing holes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

....well it was kind of difficult for us to concentrate on the task at hand...the couple knew we were there but didn't seem to mind putting on a show...they looked like high school kids that were enjoying their summer vacation... (because they were moving into positions that now in my late 50's would be considered inhumane torture).... :shock: :shock: :shock:

....to this day my buddy Bob and I laugh when the story of the "blue boat" comes up in conversation.... :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
Good one to Anthony :lol: :lol: :lol: