Dalton's Wax- Will be making the trip to Boofest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Dalton's Wax- Will be making the trip to Boofest

Post by amythntr »

....thanks to Dale (Dalton's) and Keith (NChunterkw)....50 pieces of Dalton's wax will be making the trip with me (should have it today or tomorrow) to Boofest...

....these are the smaller, pocket sized, wax containers (about the size of an old time flip top cigarette lighter). In the original scent (not pine scent)...

....as you know these are almost impossible to get and definitely come in handy in the woods....

....These will be going for $5.00 at Boofest with $1.00 of the $5.00 going directly to Makena...

....Just to let you know, Keith had to pull some strings to make this work and has agreed to "eat" any tariff which will have to be paid at the border....I DO NOT want to come home with these soooo lets buy these up!!!!!

....Thanks NChunterkw for making this happen!!!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Re: Dalton's Wax- Will be making the trip to Boofest

Post by Hunt it »

Best classify them as free samples of product - that way no duty - Have them send you a email or fax stating donation of sample products for fundraiser and you are clear. The LAST thing you want to say at border is they are for SALE.... you'll get sent over to Import/Export folks and you'll be lucky to get out of there in time to go home!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

you'll get sent over to Import/Export folks and you'll be lucky to get out of there in time to go home!
X2 .......spent 5 hrs there on a trip w/ Danny Miller.
"Eze 18:21"
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hunt it wrote:Best classify them as free samples of product - that way no duty - Have them send you a email or fax stating donation of sample products for fundraiser and you are clear. The LAST thing you want to say at border is they are for SALE.... you'll get sent over to Import/Export folks and you'll be lucky to get out of there in time to go home!

thanks "Hunt it" and "awshucks"...I will forward this to Keith....

....hey, but then I would get out of having to compete against those "women sharpshooters" at Boofest!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:
Hunt it wrote:Best classify them as free samples of product - that way no duty - Have them send you a email or fax stating donation of sample products for fundraiser and you are clear. The LAST thing you want to say at border is they are for SALE.... you'll get sent over to Import/Export folks and you'll be lucky to get out of there in time to go home!

....hey, but then I would get out of having to compete against those "women sharpshooters" at Boofest!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats the worse that could happen? Anthony suddenly becomes Canadian? I give them two hours of Jersey hospitality and hell be free to go! We are of course such a warm and caring group of individuals! LOL
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:
amythntr wrote:

Whats the worse that could happen? Anthony suddenly becomes Canadian? I give them two hours of Jersey hospitality and hell be free to go! We are of course such a warm and caring group of individuals! LOL

Ehhh, you're right there George, you're right. Ehhh, why didn't I think of that Ehhh?

Hey how are these border parole people with bribes?...That's how business gets done here in Joisey!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

U mm Anthony,

You may want to change "bribe" to "charitable Canadian mounted police donation" otherwise you, the dalton wax and a lonely lumberjack named Sven might be cell mates for a very long two hours!

Better still...you may want to have BOO on speed dial, you know....just in case.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Anthony, Unless things have changed since last year, I really don't think it will be an issue. Don't even mention that you have the wax. They just asked me what I was doing in Canada and how long I was going to be there. I think if you tell them you are just headed to a family reunion that will suffice. They didn't even come out of their little shack. Just greeted me and said to enjoy my stay.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Hunt it

Post by Hunt it »

Yes not mentioning it would be other option, best one probably. But it would be great to have Plan B ready as I described above - donation/ samples that we if they do search you, your covered. Better yet go see the Cake Boss and get enough cannolis to bribe border guards. If they search you and find it and you don't have plan B ready then save one tube of wax for the guy with the rubber gloves :mrgreen:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hunt it wrote:Yes not mentioning it would be other option, best one probably. But it would be great to have Plan B ready as I described above - donation/ samples that we if they do search you, your covered. Better yet go see the Cake Boss and get enough cannolis to bribe border guards. If they search you and find it and you don't have plan B ready then save one tube of wax for the guy with the rubber gloves :mrgreen:
....That's where I was born....Hoboken, NJ....San Carlo's bakery in Hoboken...home of the "cake boss".....that wax is too good for the man with the rubber gloves....I used the tube that comes with each one of Boo's strings....I think Boo said it was "oven tested" :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hunt it

Post by Hunt it »

Note, dang hot up here this week, leave your windows down a bit if stopping, maybe put wax in plastic bag just incase. Not sure what temp it melts at but melted wax all over you vehicle would not be fun.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hunt it wrote:Note, dang hot up here this week, leave your windows down a bit if stopping, maybe put wax in plastic bag just incase. Not sure what temp it melts at but melted wax all over you vehicle would not be fun.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

...I will be driving with A/C so i am not that worried...more of a reason to get this all sold at Boofest :wink:

PS: do you think there will be any issues with traveling with my archery tackle box for repair work if necessary...also thinking of bringing my target, plastic horses, rest and wood rest top?

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hunt it

Post by Hunt it »

You should have no issues as long as you say no to "any firearms" and "any fruits or vegetables" - you can stop at duty free and buy alcohol for your own consumption while on vacation. If you want Canadian beer that is place to buy it as once you come across our beer is $40.00 + per case!!!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....thanks, no Al K. Hall for me. Maybe a Cuban or two....No fruits or vegetables traveling with me...Just a nice pot of Expresso!

....cant believe it is almost here....can't wait to see that new indoor state of the art air conditioned 3D shooting range that Boo has constructed :lol: :lol: :lol:

....I'm bringing my boccie ball set with me....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings