Bad day / Good day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Bad day / Good day

Post by xcaliber »

I was on my home from work, guy in front of me slams on his brakes to avoid hitting lady in front of him, I slam the brakes, and stop about 3' from banging into him, then BAM, Ford F150 hits me HARD, slams me into guy, he hits lady, my truck is jacked. I hit my eye socket right in the corner of the rear view mirror, and stuff went flying inside my truck that I'll probably never find now.
Got home after police reports, etc. My new Hoyt was waiting for me on the porch! When life gives you lemons, you gotta make lemon aide! :wink: Plan was to get a new truck in November, now I don't know what I'm gonna do. 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xbowrook

Re: Bad day / Good day

Post by xbowrook »

Damn man, hope you're alright, sorry to hear you're banged up and ruined your truck... Glad your day ended on a good note with the arrival of your Hoyt
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Hope you get over this hump soon and things get straightned out,,,of course main thing is your not hurt!!

:roll: Mike!!
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

SEW

Post by SEW »

Sorry this happened. The 1 car length per 10 mph seems to be a thing of the past. Then cell phones, etc. Glad you're relatively ok. Hoyt is my favorite compound vbow.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, I was going 35, had like 5 cars in front of me going thru the light, speed limit 35, I was cruising about 37, then this sudden stop by I don't know what, and I managed to stop, but not the fellow behind me! The cops did not get any statements from anyone, weird, right? They said the insurance companies will figure it all out! :shock:

Yep, Hoyt makes a nice bow, as you can tell by my stickers on the back of my deer hauler, I like Excals. & Hoyts
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Glad ys wasn't hurt real bad !!!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....In a similar 4 car accident in November...except I was lead vehicle...barely tapped...last car had full AB deployment...just finished chiropractic treatment for herniated disks...have not been the same since...make sure you are OK and don't be a toughy if something feels amiss....BTW happy belated anniversary!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Just glad your ok brother! that is the most important thing. :)
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
SLP82

Post by SLP82 »

It sucks having to deal with insurance companies at times, and the hassle of having to drop your vehicle off (especially a truck if you use it) to be repaired. I will say this though, here is another silver lining that can potentially come out of a mild wreck that requires bumpers to be replaced. The last two trucks Ive owned, once I got hit in the rear-end, it is an opportunity to pay the "difference" for a pipe bumper if you are into that sort of thing. Every single time the insurance companies have agreed to it. During wreck repairs is some of the best times to add "upgrades" to your vehicle for cheap. I believe I only paid like $220 for a ranch hand rear bumper for my Tundra after being rear ended as the insurance picked up most of the cost. Just something to think about...
Excalibur Matrix Grizzly
Diablo's w/Boltcutters
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well my eye looks better, but I feel like I have been body slammed. :lol:
deertrx

Post by deertrx »

Sorry man hope things get better for you. Heal up fast and enjoy the new bow! :D
Matrix 380 Xtra " Sweets "
Leupold Crossbones
TT Matrix Hunter 2.5
Boo Strings Danny Millers Bumpers
18" BE Zombies, Slick Trick 150 xbow BH's
" She's a beaut Clark! "
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I thought life always gave you melons not lemons...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Melons are nice.............
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Sorry you and your truck got nailed Dan, keep an eye on your neck for whiplash to set in!
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Sorry to hear about the accident Dan. At least you walked away from it, trucks can be fixed and replaced. If I may suggest, write out all of the events of the accident. What time it was, where you were, where you were going, every small detail of the accident. Also, keep a journal of how you're feeling every day. Hopefully you'll never need it, but insurance companies and lawyers have been known to be less than scrupulous at times. :wink:

......and very nice bow. Which is it, is it the Nitrum? I've got the new Carbon Spyder 34.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.