Attaching X-Bow to ATV

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

Attaching X-Bow to ATV

Post by Bullzeye »

Ive been looking for a way to carry my bow on my old bike and tried a search but came up empty, so with some scrap metal from work and a borrowed welder I fabbed this up. Looks like it should work fine, I do not drive through anything that will catch the limbs or anything, my main concern was just all the bouncing up and down while crossing the cow pasture, but the foam should help with that.

Attach to front rack using U-bolts

Add some pieces of high dense foam and some foam from a pool noodle

Add the bow
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Raymond

Re: Attaching X-Bow to ATV

Post by Raymond »

Have you the dimensions of the material that you used to build this rack and the measurements of where each piece was wielded on to the location?
Thank you,
Raymond
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Hi Ray, I will measure it all up for you this evening, but I'm guessing the placement of the foam will depend on your bow. This is set up for my Exocet.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
huntinwi

Post by huntinwi »

Looks great. Good idea.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Here you go Ray. Not sure what happened but I wrote a big message and POOF it disappeared, so I will just give you this pic with the measurements. The placements of the uprights and the two top bars will depend on your model of bow, but its basically made with two sizes of square tubing, 1.5" and 0.75", and some thin metal plating welded to the sides of the two top bars which makes a channel for the white foam to slid into and stay in place.

I should have taken pics before i painted it, the camera does not like black. here is a pic of the spacer
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Bones

Post by Bones »

Kolpin fin grip's . Used them with the exo 200 and now 380. Pull the band's over the top and that bow won't move what ever you hit with the atv. Just have to play with the angle of of them so the limb's clear the steering or headlight assembly .
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I hear ya Bones, and it probably looks much nicer, but I should have made my topic "homemade" rack , meaning I was looking for something in my budget, which means free, therefore home made LOL
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Home made is good!!
Home made for free is even better!!!
I like the simple design and it should do the job very well.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Bones

Post by Bones »

Bullzeye wrote:I hear ya Bones, and it probably looks much nicer, but I should have made my topic "homemade" rack , meaning I was looking for something in my budget, which means free, therefore home made LOL
Got it My mistake!! No worries!!!
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

To minimize (eliminate)dirt & debris kicking off the wheels and getting on my Xbow,I just put it in the soft case and bungee it flat on the back rack with the flat wide adjustable bungee cords. Part of the soft case is on the back seat of my ATV but that's ok, as there's still enough room for me to sit.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have no choice but put it on the front because my daughter sits on the back rack. My bike is only 2x4 so the front tires won't be flying too much mud on the bow, but there is one bad mud hole I need to go through so maybe I will get something to cover up the limbs and string.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

Looks good. If you are concerned about your bow bouncing or moving, one or two velcro straps should secure it. Nice Job !

Happy Trails
Stephen
Matrix 380
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Here I have to case my bow before and after legal hunting times.
I got used to using a padded case all the time and just bungee it to the rear rack.

Yours is still a good idea that I may modify for something else.

BTW: Two wheel or four wheel drive, the front tires will throw mud.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

SEC-ond 2 none wrote:Looks good. If you are concerned about your bow bouncing or moving, one or two velcro straps should secure it. Nice Job !

Happy Trails
Stephen
Agreed , i had planned on using a mini bungee, but Velcro is an excellent idea, and something I have.
Ont_Excal wrote:Here I have to case my bow before and after legal hunting times.
I've never heard of the crossbow having to be in a case before and after hunting times here in Quebec, and I just spend the last 15 min searching the Quebec sport hunting website, and also the handbook I got when I took my bow course and found nothing on that. I've heard others like you in other Provinces talk about it though. I'm glad you brought that up,I'm going to check on that tomorrow.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Here all firearms have to be unloaded and encased.
However there is no exact definition of what a case has to be.
A case is just to show proof that you had no intention of using the firearm illegally.
A case can be as simple as a sheet or blanket and a couple of shoelaces.