Great Big Boofest Shout out to-Dr. Danny Miller

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Great Big Boofest Shout out to-Dr. Danny Miller

Post by amythntr »

....while everyone has been thanking everyone and saying how great of a time they had at Boofest this past weekend....enough cannot be said for one individual who was there to help with all of the ailments that reared their ugly head...

.....a great big shout out goes to none other than: Danny Miller

.....Danny was there each day of the event helping anyone in need with just about everything related to their Excalibur's...when he wasn't providing help, he was giving expert advice and when he wasn't doing that he was telling funny stories and one liners...

.....yes Danny was surely on the front line dodging bullets all weekend...I never saw anyone so gracefully "bobbing and weaving" and when he was done he would finish off with, "If I could ever help you just let me know."

.....Danny, is truly a gem to not only Excalibur but to each member of this forum....

.....When I was having problems sighting in my 335 and was walking back to get my 380, Danny was there and said, "I'll sight it in for you partna."

....I just want to say thank you for everything Dr. D.....and I now consider you a friend!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
VixChix

Re: Great Big Boofest Shout out to-Dr. Danny Miller

Post by VixChix »

I feel very fortunate to have met Danny. I love listening to him! Tim and I often say to each other: "as Danny Miller would say...". (fill in the blank with your choice of Millerisms).

A couple of years ago he spent two hours alongside 'Shucks and Tim trying to sort out several issues with my xbow.

The year before that he was the first on site paramedic to my Vixen after its encounter with the the Grand Caravan tire. "(Waaahl..... y'all might as well keep on drivin'.)

He's got humour, class, integrity, and a heart of gold.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Danny truly is one of a kind and I mean that in a good way. :D A small splinter was discovered in one of my limbs at Boofest and when I showed Dr. Miller to get his opinion he said, "I got some limbs in my truck, when I finish putting this scope on I'll put some new limbs on for ya." Had me back up and running in no time. :D
Here's Danny working on Anthony's 335. He turned any available horizontal surface, whether it was a picnic table or the tailgate of his truck, into a M.A.S.H. (Miller's Archery Surgical Hospital) unit. :lol:

The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Couldn't agree more! I'm so pleased to call Danny a friend. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I never had to visit M.A.S.H But for the last 2 Boofest's I just watch what he is working on or fiddling with as you know he's up to something ? Watch and listen the info and tip's just flow out of him a super guy !!
Tom

Post by Tom »

I have been around and shooting crossbows longer then most, but not Dr Dan.

I also have probably forgot more about crossbows then I remember. Every time I am around Dan, I learn more about crossbows.

Plus he is a great man.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Outback

Post by Outback »

After this last weekend at Boofest I now have a !3yr old with an Ohio accent and very many Millerisms. Danny spent so much time with my boys helping them, advising them and giving them the confidence to out shoot their o'le man all weekend. While Lemmy and Mickey Mayhem where trying to sight their bows in to " dead nuts on" Danny noticed something not right with Lemmy's bow. Out came the measuring tape then a few seconds of silence he walked away and returned from his Excaliberbulance with a new set of limbs. Try these and see if they help it shoot better. We certainly enjoy being in his company and I thank Danny for his help and positive promotion of the sport we so enjoy.

outback
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Dang I should have made the 20 min drive south. :( Looks like all had a great time.Having Danny Miller do some fine tuning is a big bonus.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

He definitely is a man of wisdom, I love talking to him when I need some advice or getting ready to purchase another Excal.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads