Longest Service...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fullquiver

Longest Service...

Post by Fullquiver »

Who here has the crossbow with the longest continuous service as their main bow... No closet queens or back up bows but the one you have had tried and true over the years....
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
Tom

Re: Longest Service...

Post by Tom »

Fullquiver wrote:Who here has the crossbow with the longest continuous service as their main bow... No closet queens or back up bows but the one you have had tried and true over the years....
I think this thread is "my title". I have an orginal Relayer bought over 30 years ago and is the only bow I seriously use and the only bow I hunt with.

I would really like to see if anyone can come close to this.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Bones

Post by Bones »

I think this thread is "my title". I have an orginal Relayer bought over 30 years ago and is the only bow I seriously use and the only bow I hunt with.

I would really like to see if anyone can come close to this.

Tom[/quote]

No contest ! I think you own that title :D
TPM

Post by TPM »

Tom wins. :D
I've been shooting the same Phoenix for nine years. It's the only crossbow I've ever owned. It sees as much time on the 3D courses as it does in the treestands.
I have a friend who been hunting with the same Wolverine since 1990. Still takes deer with it every year.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

30 years! :shock: That is impressive. Way to take the suspense out of a thread. :lol:
DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
bubba

Post by bubba »

30 years!!! There are country's that have not been around that long.. Don't see anyone topping that.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I would really like to know more about your setup Tom. Maybe even some pictures! What arrows you shoot, scope, etc...

I really like the original relayer but all the ones that I know of are wall hangers. Mine included.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

WOW. That's an impressive track record. I've been with the same woman for 33 years, does that count? :lol: :lol: :lol:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Tom

Post by Tom »

bubba wrote:30 years!!! There are country's that have not been around that long.. Don't see anyone topping that.....
WOW, what a way to make me feel real old :lol: :lol: :lol:.

One Shot Scott, my bow is just as it was when I bought it over 30 years ago. The only changes were to replace the orginal scope which failed after 20 years and the limb bolt which broke about year 22 in it's life. The replacement scope is a tasco silver antler.

I started with 2117 arrows (stock) but changed to 2216 (stock) when easton stopped the 2117. I use NAP Spitfires, 100gr heads.

Yes, Dr Dan & BillT both gave me a hard time about still using my Relayer, telling me it needs to be on a wall as a historical piece.

I still use this bow just because there has never been a newer bow which could out shoot this one. But if I could afford it, I would get me a micro. Maybe I should have told Dr Dan to get me a micro so I could retire my relayer.

Tom
Tom
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I think what they are more concerned with is if you break your single limb . The company that made them does not exist . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Tom

Post by Tom »

Doe Master wrote:I think what they are more concerned with is if you break your single limb . The company that made them does not exist . :shock:
Yea, there is a lot of truth about that statement. I loose the limb, this bow is almost usless, but after many years of searching, I came across an "Astro Daco Scropion 150lb" which has the same limb so I do have a little safety line, but it would no longer the an "orginal".

Tom
Tom
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

The reason I asked was that before I had to go to crossbows my vertical bow a Darton was over 20years old, but after my brain tumor I could no longer shoot it... So I started with a Horton then a Wicked Ridge and now I have an Axiom and plan on hunting with it as long as I can. Hopefully 30+ years for me....
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Full quiver . I hope just to enjoy another 30 years hunting let alone with the same bow . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Tom

Post by Tom »

Fullquiver wrote:............. So I started with a Horton then a Wicked Ridge and now I have an Axiom and plan on hunting with it as long as I can. Hopefully 30+ years for me....
If you take care of your bow (not abuse it) I have no doubt it will last you a very long time. Enjoy your bow and your time in the field.

Tom
Tom
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I went with Excalibur because I wanted a crossbow that would last me a lifetime, and I now have 2 that should last my kids their lifetime as well :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: