What's up with the Vortex crossbow scope?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

learn2flyfish

What's up with the Vortex crossbow scope?

Post by learn2flyfish »

Why the big price drop?
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Normous

Re: What's up with the Vortex crossbow scope?

Post by Normous »

I have noticed in the past that discontinued or previous model Vortex Optics can be found reasonably discounted and jumped on a couple great deals.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bubba

Post by bubba »

Discontinued, Lack of sales because of price, and the m.o.a. markers instead of yardage, were just to confusing... I guess great clear optics, and build quality is'nt every thing..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

bubba wrote:Discontinued, Lack of sales because of price, and the m.o.a. markers instead of yardage, were just to confusing... I guess great clear optics, and build quality is'nt every thing..
I don't get the MOA issue...you can't have target turrets to match each individual bow/arrow/string setup. What I would do if I was interested in this scope, is have a custom elevation dial or at least a custom tape that would match my velocity. I suppose they could've/should've included tapes like HHA does for their Optimizer, but that would be too good of an :idea:
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Shadytree

Post by Shadytree »

I just bought one to get away from the speed ring concept. On my 380 with a tact zone I was at something like 5x magnification with the correct setting on the speed ring. That is too much mag for some of the hunting I do. The shooting world uses bot MOA and Mills without any issues. It just depends on the system you want to subscribe to and learn. That is the thing, you have to learn the system and your weapon. Not as convenient as a speed ring, but more flexible in the long run.