simmons sharks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

simmons sharks

Post by longbow joe »

In my recurve longbow days i used simmons intercepters 190 grain for like 30 years i shot at least 2 deer per year only lost 1 deer .my fault poor hit. I grew lazy n went to a spitfire with the x bow. I was just curious if any one uses any of the simmons smaller sharks in their x bows . You dont hear of em much i think people are turned off by the self sharpening process.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
jdmax

Re: simmons sharks

Post by jdmax »

I use them all the time. Absolutely awesome. I currently use the tree shark on 2219's out of my matrix 355. In the past with my vortex I used tiger sharks on 2216's. Y friend i hunt with uses the tiger sharks on black eagle executioners with aluminum inserts out of his axiom. I have used all of them at one time or another, out of all different bows and crossbows. The tree shark is massive, with a 2" cut, but fly great and cut huge holes. Good luck. No better broadhead in my mind.
JDMAX
bubba

Post by bubba »

Well i never heard of them, but they sound like a winner. there are a lot of good broadheads out there. Just stay away from the China ripoff look a likes, i mean they are every where......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

havnt shot the sharks since my longbow days but i am playing with tim stricklands helix bh so far pretty impressed looks like a shark but has a 40 degree bevel . rotates to create a good wound channel hope to try it in a few week on a bear
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I like the way that helix is sharpened on the back edge . I was looookin at that one . Looks tough
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Crazy all the broadhead choices now a days i remember wen there were 20 choices lol.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Just found 9 of them in great condition in my closet full of hunting hear. They are the 125 grain heads with the bleeder blades.

Update: I just shot the Landshark with the bleeder blade installed at 27.5 yards.. total arrow weight with this head on is 435 grains ( my regular heads weigh 100 grains ). I held the 30 yard cross hair on the dot and it center mass.. Good to know the head did not drift.. I'l shoot 50 yards later to see how they compare with the Ramcats and Slick Trick 100 grain standards in relation to windage.. Elevation drop is expected because of the heavier Landshark..
Last edited by GrassyKnoll on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

joe i have shot that helix at least 50 times still spins true and still fairly sharp i am really impressed with it so far as soon as i shoot something with it i will get a better idea i think its stainless also .062for 100 gr .072 for 125gr