New to Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crazy_Boxer

New to Excalibur

Post by Crazy_Boxer »

Just received my M330 from Wyvern's. Assembly was simple ! Got the brace set, installed the bumpers and shot a few arrows to get a feel for it. So far so good !!! Looks like this one is a keeper. Next thing to do is order a scope, most likely a Nikon Bolt. It's a lot different than the Solution 350 I had last year but I think I'm going to like this one a lot more. Any advice for a new to Excalibur user ?
amythntr

Re: New to Excalibur

Post by amythntr »

Crazy_Boxer wrote:Just received my M330 from Wyvern's. Assembly was simple ! Got the brace set, installed the bumpers and shot a few arrows to get a feel for it. So far so good !!! Looks like this one is a keeper. Next thing to do is order a scope, most likely a Nikon Bolt. It's a lot different than the Solution 350 I had last year but I think I'm going to like this one a lot more. Any advice for a new to Excalibur user ?

...First of all Crazy_Boxer welcome to the forum...looks like you selected a great Excalibur (as are all of them)...While you are brand new why not complete your registration and enter where you are from as sometime there are people close by to assist or advise...

....you mention "got the brace height set" so that implies that you own a stringer...if not, you absolutely MUST have one to adjust the brace height from time to time...also to change the string.

....I might suggest a second string as a back up...as you never know...assuming you have the stock string I would get a second one....after a bit when you are familiar with your bow and have shot for a while a lot of people move over to the Flemish Twist strings...there are a bunch of craftsman on here that are known for their strings...just peruse the trading post to find them...

....I am not sure if the 330 comes with an ADF (anti-dri-fire) if it does not I strongly suggest that you get one and install it on your XB...as it will protect the limbs in case of a dry fire...It is not an if, but rather a when it will happen!...

....I see that you are investing in a better scope which is a good thing...make sure that once you are set up that you locktite all of your screws with the "blue locktite." this way you know they will not come loose...

....not sure if you are shooting stock arrows which came with the 330. If you are they are fine...a lot of us have our own recipe for arrows, etc...you need to see what YOUR BOW likes...not what everyone is using....

.....there are threads on sighting in your bow...just search above and you shall find...or just ask on the forum....plenty of folk will be rushing to help...

.....one of my strongest suggestions is that you get to know a real fine gentleman known as Dr. Danny Miller (not a real doctor...but knows everything and fixes everything Excalibur)....he is a real nice person just a little rough around the edges...He operates Horizontal Archery out of Sardis, Ohio....for those of us who have had the pleasure of meeting him he is just a special person...he does not do the computers or email...you must give him a call but he will help you with everything and anything you might have a question on...he also has good prices...get used to hearing him say "arras" (instead of arrows) and he will call ya "partna"...his number which needs to be on speed dial is 1.740.483.2312

....I hope this helps and I am sure others will chime in and add to this list...

Nice to have you aboard...pull up a chair and get ready to learn!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

welcome to the family. Only advise I'll give you is this- keep your fingers off the rail deck unless you don't mind losing a few digits.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Tekhanto

Post by Tekhanto »

I'll second that......Found out the hard way !! :? :?
Axiom (ole' Reliable)
Shadow zone
Sniper Hog Light
S-5 with dB Killer Bumpers
dB Noise Killers
Manta case
Crazy_Boxer

Post by Crazy_Boxer »

I bought the bare bow, Gold Tip arrows, stringing aid and bumpers. I did not buy the factory package deal because I would ditch the scope anyway. I'll get a new string before deer season but the stock string will be fine for now. Thanks for the welcome ! Looks like I'll be hanging out here a lot.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Welcome . Good choice i got a330 n a micro love em both equally like the both kids we got . The bows dont ask for rides n money
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Welcome . Good choice i got a330 n a micro love em both equally like the both kids we got . The bows dont ask for rides n money
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Welcome to the forum, and an excellent choice of bow company, and model. Ask questions here, you'll get answers, and sometimes stir up some great conversation. If you get varying opinions, I look at that as great advice because it has been tried, and proven, and offers options to the end user. My only advice at this time is simple, don't shoot at the same point with multiple arrows, you'll be buying more real soon! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Welcome to the Excal club !!! And enjoy your new xbow !!!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Hey welcome to the forum. And congrats on a great bow. Some great advice has already been given, for sure this is the place for all your Excalibur questions, some one is always here with the answers. Welcome.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the new bow, and joining the forum!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
rolltide

Post by rolltide »

welcome aboard
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Welcome aboard, and congrats on a fine choice.
I have a 310 and a 330 and like them both. I use the 310 for most of my target shooting and will use the 330 for hunting.
58 5'4" 145# and have had previous back and hernia surgery.
Don't shoot at the same bullseye more than once without first removing your arrows as it can get expensive. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

Welcome to the forum! Ron!