Sneak peak...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Sneak peak...

Post by paulaboutform »

amythntr wrote:
newbie wrote:
amythntr wrote:...just curious, for those of us at Boofest who received the Dr Stirrup set up....tonight I installed the string bumpers...Hence my query:

...I thought that the bumpers do not work with Danny Miller's BBBB's?...When I tried to remove the rubber from the original REDS I was confronted a "ball" on which it seems virtually impossible to put Dr. Stirrup's bumper on. It does fit nicely on Danny Miller's post and it appears to be snug enough and the brace height appears OK...

...can someone chime in on this ?

Thanks,

Anthony :)

Hey Anthony, I don't want to sound gross but I have them on my M380 as you know. Put a good amount of spit on your finger and spread it on the rubber bumper. Push and twist at an angle and it'll pop right on. :wink:

Paul

PS: I am referring to the setup on the 380!
Anthony they will go on but not work as they are designed. there is a big cavity inside designed like air bag when used on the ball type posts. Using them on Danny post will defeat there purpose. Also the string needs to rest up again st them with no gap.
....Mike, I tried again this morning...short of me tearing my rotator cuff totally there is no way the bumper can go on the original "ball" head...HELP for suggestions!!!

Anthony :oops: :cry:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Maybe a hairdryer, not to close, but to warm up the rubber abit. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

maine hunter wrote:Maybe a hairdryer, not to close, but to warm up the rubber abit. :D
Spit, tilt slightly, push, twist. :wink:

Paul
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Anthony put the Dr. Styrrup's bumper in hot water for a while and just before to put it on the ball add some few liquid soap around the hole and push hard with turning at the same time. That way help a lot.
Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
SEW

Post by SEW »

Considering this latest silencing project, consider the following. What other crossbow company has the aftermarket and inmarket support that Excalibur has? What other company has affendos that contribute so much? What other crossbow companies have crossbow models that don't get old, rather get vintage? What other crossbow company supports older models like Excal does? And so on...
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:Considering this latest silencing project, consider the following. What other crossbow company has the aftermarket and inmarket support that Excalibur has? What other company has affendos that contribute so much? What other crossbow companies have crossbow models that don't get old, rather get vintage? What other crossbow company supports older models like Excal does? And so on...

I'm thinking,......still thinking,......still thinking.....I got the answer NO OTHER CROSSBOW COMPANY can even come close!!!! :D

....I got a very good dose of this meeting everyone at Boofest...from Peter (the Marketing Dude), to Dr. Danny Miller, to DoeMaster (Keith) to Boo (Don) to Dr. Stirrup (Gaston) to everyone I met....this really is one great big family "who you really want to be with!" (as the saying goes!)

Thank you everyone!

Last edited by amythntr on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....thanks Marcel,Paul and Kevin...I will give this a shot tonight!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

Spit Anthony.... on the post that is.
then get on side on/in and twist slightly back and forth at the same time pushing it on.
she will go but you may need some muscle. If you ship your Bows to me I will install them :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:Spit Anthony.... on the post that is.
then get on side on/in and twist slightly back and forth at the same time pushing it on.
she will go but you may need some muscle. If you ship your Bows to me I will install them :mrgreen:

....Bada Bing 8) and Jelly Belly in your hands Mike.....NEVER!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

....but thanks for the offer and the assistance!

Anthony :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

They do take some effort to get on but they will go. maybe spray a little Jigaloo on them first
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:They do take some effort to get on but they will go. maybe spray a little Jigaloo on them first

....well first of all, I could not find Jialoo at Home Depot where I go...however, I was trying to put the bumpers on while holding the bumper stem in one hand and the bumper in the other...Paulaboutform advised me to remove the string and put the stem in and then try to put the bumper on....well as Paul says, "easy peasy!" ....I was starting to think I wasing to have to send my bows to Mike (Newbie) in Canada for him to install these for me :shock: :shock: :shock:

....now I can say, ...NEVER! 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:

ANthony :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

the dampeners have my attention!!! as well as the rest of the package!

Ed
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

Can anyone tell me if the new 4x4 Kocker really makes a big difference in cocking the 380, 405, and 335. I have a very hard time on the 380 and 335 with the last inch or so.

Thanks,

Bucktail
Matrix 355 Tact-Zone TriggerTech ADF Laser11 Pro 385gr 100 gr WaspBoss 18in Diablos 150gr Boltcutter Dan Miller R.E.D.S .

ExoMax Vari-zone S5 18in Laser11 18in 2219 100gr WaspBoss

Phoenix Shadow-Zone ADF S5 18in Laser11 100gr WaspBoss
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Bucktail wrote:Can anyone tell me if the new 4x4 Kocker really makes a big difference in cocking the 380, 405, and 335. I have a very hard time on the 380 and 335 with the last inch or so.

Thanks,

Bucktail
...I believe that it does make it easier....I believe Boo and Danny Miller are also very happy with it also.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Glad it worked out for you Anthony....easy peasy! :wink:

Paul