Excalibur Serving Wax VS String Snot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SLP82

Excalibur Serving Wax VS String Snot

Post by SLP82 »

Just curious what all of your opinions were on these two products. The String Snot "claims" to be slicker than other traditional waxes and "increases FPS and wear". Now obviously even if it is true about it increasing FPS, I am sure it is only 1 or 2 fps. But if it cuts down on friction more, then it should make the string last longer in theory. That is what I care about more. Also as an added bonus it won't freeze down to -25 degrees. I have not verified what the Excalibur Serving Wax freezes at. Just wondering if anyone had used the String Snot and had anything good or bad to say about it. Thanks!
Excalibur Matrix Grizzly
Diablo's w/Boltcutters
awshucks

Re: Excalibur Serving Wax VS String Snot

Post by awshucks »

Get some Daltons.........You are thinking wrong about your rail wearing on your string. 1 or 2 fps? :mrgreen: Beyond my help..... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Don't gum up your rail with that crap. It attracts dirt, leads to serving separation and it'll eventually work its way into your trigger.

Wax the serving with a good quality wax, as 'shucks has suggested and use a dry lube, like Jigaloo, on the rail. It doesn't attract dirt and is way slicker than the snot products. It also won't work its way into your trigger. Remember that less is more.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

racking up points wrote:Don't gum up your rail with that crap. It attracts dirt, leads to serving separation and it'll eventually work its way into your trigger.

Wax the serving with a good quality wax, as 'shucks has suggested and use a dry lube, like Jigaloo, on the rail. It doesn't attract dirt and is way slicker than the snot products. It also won't work its way into your trigger. Remember that less is more.

X2 :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Most of us asked these same ??'s when we 1st got an Excal..... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Yep Dalton's and I don't lube the rail, never noticed any wear on the rail or serving from the rail. I bought a compound a couple years ago that came with the snot, was a bear to get off and nasty stuff, no snot for me!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Archoil AR2400 is SUPER slick - nano particle stuff - way more slicker than any snot product......... and I saw exactly 0 fps difference. Benefit is it keeps the rail clean.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

My experience with string snot is that it will accelerate serving seperation :oops: . Stay away from it. You do not need it with our bows.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
SLP82

Post by SLP82 »

Ok. Sounds good. Thank you all for the information. Sounds like Dalton's is the way to go. I'll grab some Archoil as well. Will the Archoil be safe for the plastic rail on my grizzly? Also where do you find Dalton's wax? I searched from Google and a link from an old post on here about it and I can't find it and the link doesn't work anymore.
Excalibur Matrix Grizzly
Diablo's w/Boltcutters
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

SLP82 wrote:Ok. Sounds good. Thank you all for the information. Sounds like Dalton's is the way to go. I'll grab some Archoil as well. Will the Archoil be safe for the plastic rail on my grizzly? Also where do you find Dalton's wax? I searched from Google and a link from an old post on here about it and I can't find it and the link doesn't work anymore.
Go to the trading post on this forum and look for Dalton's.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Just wax your center serving after every shooting session and then wipe any excess off before your next session.
I don't use anything on the rail as it is not needed and will eventually work its way into your trigger. About once every couple weeks I clean my rail with a "Top Secret" synthetic lubricant to remove any wax build up and then wipe it dry with a clean paper towel. :lol:
AME TSI 321
I also treated all the screws and bolts on my crossbow with this stuff the last time I had it all apart for cleaning. I will make it a habit to do this after every hunting season to prevent any rust on the screws.
http://store.scottsbt.com/AME-TSI-321-L ... 28569.aspx
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: