Ram cat broad heads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kamski1151

Ram cat broad heads

Post by kamski1151 »

I have heard great things about this head, was wondering if anyone on this site has used them and their take on them.
Masboy

Re: Ram cat broad heads

Post by Masboy »

As far as accuracy they are the most accurate fixed blade I ever shot . the boys an I shot a few deer with them an they penatrate great, real killers ,tuff only thing the tips of the blades bend easy an have to be careful getting them out of your quiver. after shooting tighten the little blade screws. the larger cut 125gr. Blades fit the smaller cut 100gr. heads if you want a larger cut 100gr. head .fine heads an on all my hunting arrows.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

They fly to the same POI as my field points out to all distances I can reach in my back yard which is 50 yards. The heads have a small rubber "O" so you can align the blades with your fletching. Some say it's not important, I like to do it as it makes me feel better..lol Also the rubber "O" ring allows for perfect head alignment with the shaft for a complete wobble free arrow. They don't whistle in flight and I can barely hear a hiss as they fly down range.

Here is a short clip shooting them at 50 yards..

https://youtu.be/O7ZmsSvus3g

And shooting in total darkness with just a light on the target at 40 yards..

https://youtu.be/ai-eGRtvOD4
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I am giving them a try this year also. So far so good. As others said they fly great. I wanna see what kind of blood trail I get.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i have used them quite a bit very good head . one of my top 3 picks in fixed blades
grouse

Post by grouse »

I saw in Cabela's catalogue that they are offering a single bevel edge version in 100 gr. only. Theoretically, single bevel (if aligned with the twist of the fletching), causes the blade to spin as it cuts, therefore cutting more tissue, blood vessels, etc. If they offered a 125 gr. I would be a buyer and I might give the 100 gr. a try anyway.
axiom
350 SE
kjl

Post by kjl »

I have been using the ram cats since this spring. I shoot 125gr with diablo s with my matrix 380. They fly the same as the field points and are grouping 4'' at 55 yards. I have found a couple of reputable sellers in the usa on ebay. I harvested a jake this spring and the blood spray was phenomenal.
micro suppressor
Ramcat broadheads 125 grain
.001 Black eagle zombie slayers 16.5 "
110 grain inserts, blazer vanes and lumenocks
grouse

Post by grouse »

I read the user reports on Cabela's about Ram Cat broadheads and saw quite a few comments about blades coming loose and even falling out. Can anyone comment on what they are talking about? There was mention of a tiny allen wrench and need for frequent tightening. There was also reference to some kind of blade movement that is part of the blade's design. I thought they are a fixed blade head. I need to do more research and go look at the heads.
axiom
350 SE
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

The blades are swept back. In some states that would be considered a "barbed" broad head and would be illegal. So they designed them so the blades will sweep forward and not stay in the barbed position if they stay in an animal. For all intents and purposes it is a fixed head, and I doubt you will have to worry about them staying in a deer.

As you shoot them into a target and pull them out, the blades swing forward and are a bit loose. You tighten them with an allen wrench. They use a special left hand thread screw.

I am giving them a try this year and see zero issues with them so far.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Ramcats are the ONLY fixed blade BH that Jim recommends for Scorpyds on his site. he states that at the really high speeds the rest of the pack compete with the vanes and don't fly true. I don't even bother practicing with my ramcats anymore....
norm
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

These were rated very good in a BH test done by Bow hunting magazine.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline