what brace height did you choose on your matrix?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XcaliburFX

Re: what brace height did you choose on your matrix?

Post by XcaliburFX »

xcaliber wrote:
mr meat wrote:1/4 in off bumpers!!
Yep! X2.

x3 :)
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I keep my string 3/16" to 1/4" off the bumpers.
Less stress on the limbs and longer bumper life ;)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
bubba

Post by bubba »

3/4" for my 355.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
SLP82

Post by SLP82 »

Well I was going to take the string off and adjust it since it was outside of the specifications listed for the matrix series (it was 1 3/8", specs call for 1/2 to 1 in), but I read in a old post on here that they do that because it will stretch... so I cocked it, put a movie on, and at the end of the movie (2 hours later), uncocked it. I measured the brace height and it had dropped to 1 in. Perfect. So I am good now. Glad I didn't mess with the string after all...

So to you less experienced guys on here, I highly recommend you cock and leave it cocked for a couple hours when you first get a NEW crossbow.
Excalibur Matrix Grizzly
Diablo's w/Boltcutters
Rusty Gate

Post by Rusty Gate »

SLP82 wrote:Well I was going to take the string off and adjust it since it was outside of the specifications listed for the matrix series (it was 1 3/8", specs call for 1/2 to 1 in), but I read in a old post on here that they do that because it will stretch... so I cocked it, put a movie on, and at the end of the movie (2 hours later), uncocked it. I measured the brace height and it had dropped to 1 in. Perfect. So I am good now. Glad I didn't mess with the string after all...

So to you less experienced guys on here, I highly recommend you cock and leave it cocked for a couple hours when you first get a NEW crossbow.

What you've done is perfect. But please remember, it WILL continue to stretch, so just check it before you shoot to maintain the brace height you desire for both shooting consistency and limb life. Enjoy! :mrgreen: