ACB Stock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

ACB Stock

Post by SEW »

I've had several requests for pictures of this stock. Here it is.

I have no regrets. The wait is worth it.

Steve White
bigredopie

Re: ACB Stock

Post by bigredopie »

How does the crack work on that stock. I know that was a design consideration in this build.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Very nice stock Steve, i saw n handled it in person
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
SEW

Post by SEW »

bigredopie wrote:How does the crack work on that stock. I know that was a design consideration in this build.
Actually, it doesn't. The C-2 was sent back to me prior to stock finishing. A little tweaking would need to be done first. I think very little adjustment and refinishing to the stock would need to be done for it to work. It's on my 380 which I can easily cock. I don't want to repeatedly stress my back by cocking the 405 by hand.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

The fitting for the crank was my first shot at it. I had a problem getting the fit like the plastic Excalibur has. It was made to fit an Excalibur stock. I really can not recommend putting a crank on my stocks. The thought of a person cranking and metal contacting the wood for lack of a better term drives me crazy. To me it is not something that would have a good ending. I do understand with higher poundage bows that are very popular that it is something that might be needed but because of the metal on wood and movement while cranking I just do not see it in my stocks at this time. I have given thought to the Tenpoint accu-draw for fitting but using that totally takes the look of the stock away. It is what it is. I can either incorporate a design that can hold the Excalibur crank solidly or possibly have a longer shaft made for the accu-draw so I don't have to thin the stock to 5/16th thickness to accommodate the device. I think the answer would be to have a device made to better fit the wood stock rather than trying to fit he stock to the device. And, now your talking more expense so that is where I am with the idea. Hope this helps.

Sorry for the long winded response. :wink:
SEW

Post by SEW »

Mike,
I think your post was "just right". I agree with Mike. Cranks and the wooden stocks just don't go together well as the cranks are designed. However, your work at trying to accomadate an impractical request shows just how far you'll go to try to please the customer. If I ever try to use a crank on this stock, I'll likely modify and line the interior of the crank so it won't damage the stock.
Eventually, the stock will likely go on a M330 or 355. Where I hunt, with the extremely limited "gun" (MLer or SG only and only 2 days for me) hunting, Xbow is it for me. So, I plan to stay with the 405 for primary and 380 for back up for the forseeable future. Getting better with them, instead of going after the latest and greatest, will be where I concentrate. However, eventually, surely, if I live long enough, the latest and greatest will prove to be too tempting.
Excal, are you working on a Macro 455 yet?
ironhorse

Post by ironhorse »

Nice looking stock Steve. Mike is truly an artist. I have one on my Matrix 310. If its possible to make a 310 any smoother and quieter, this stock filled the bill. I have another one that will be going on a Blackout 380 if I get one or on my Blackout 405. A person almost needs to see and shoot one with an Aging stock on it to actually know how much difference it makes.
Burky Custom Blackout 380, BD380 Realtree Xtra, Suppressor Realtree Xtra, Custom SS355 Blackout, SS315 Black and Camo, SSLM Prototype Black and Camo, Orion 175 Extreme Black SE, Orion 175 Extreme Black SE, Custom Black and Silver Ventilator 135
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Steve,the work made by Mike put this stock at a higher class also the grain is special and pretty sure there is not a lot looks like that.

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

tremps01 wrote:Steve,the work made by Mike put this stock at a higher class also the grain is special and pretty sure there is not a lot looks like that.

Marcel
Marcel, you make sure that your drinking lots of water, OK. I do not want you getting sick with all that drooling. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sew has one special grain there. I was lucky to get it for the price that I did. Most times you have to pay BIG bucks for that grain. I might add that, that blank was passed over several times before Steve snatched it up. Good for you my friend. :D