SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Carnivorous

Re: NO TAG AGAIN !!!!!

Post by Carnivorous »

Ont_Excal wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Got mine for 92B. I was one of 2% that did not get one last season.

However I will not archery hunt in Ontario with it. I will save it for our black powder deer hunt. With no extra tags in Ontario it makes you plan your hunts a bit different than most years.

On the bright side I get to bow hunt in the great state of Michigan this season.. ;)
The success rate for 2014 was 94%.
I was 1 of the 6% who were not drawn.
This according to the regs I have.
That was the second year for me and now I don't bother at all.

BTW:
The doe tag application for end of june has no bearing on the application for the black powder tag [controlled hunt].
The draw is for bows only in wmu 92.

Right out of the hunting guide.
****Hunters who are applying to the controlled deer hunt draw do not have to purchase a deer licence tag prior to applying to the draw.****

I'm with you on the out of province for hunting.
Though I'm saving up for a trip down to OHIO for the next season.
What you are saying about the controlled hunt is 100% true. However I enjoy the black powder hunt and rent a cabin with some buddies. We made it a camp rule that if you burn your one and only seal during the archery season you can't participate in the black powder hunt on the cabin property. The rule was mainly made for me because I usually burn my tag with my crossbow prior to November... ;)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote: I enjoy the black powder hunt and rent a cabin with some buddies. We made it a camp rule that if you burn your one and only seal during the archery season you can't participate in the black powder hunt on the cabin property. The rule was mainly made for me because I usually burn my tag with my crossbow prior to November... ;)
Gotcha! :wink:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
ds762

Post by ds762 »

I'm glad I don't have to apply for tags anymore here in MO. Though I do remember when a person had to.

Archery tag allows two deer & two turkey of either sex. Unlimited antlerless tags.

Rifle is limited to one any deer tag. And only one antlerless tag per county in counties that allow them (almost the whole state).
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

Well, I believe here in Ontario the MNFR bioligists determine a "hard" winter as one where there is a lot of snow to brush off their vehicle when they drive to their "office" job behind the desk.
They have screwed up the Moose hunt so bad in Ontario and the Deer situation is not any better.
It is totally disgraceful what is happening.
And the OFAH is relatively silent on things. Why didn't they set up a day to protest at Queen's Park? I'd have gladly gone to that.
When they brought out the crap about a delayed 2 week calf hunt and severely reduced adult tags my son and I didn't buy licences (first time in 30 years for me).
Now we find out they have numerous surplus tags in our area.
Outfitters are starving because people are cancelling for the moose season.
AGAIN, TOTALLY A DISGRACE!!!!!

BTW Thanks for listening to my rant...
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

x2 on western NY, five deer and to top that off our licences went from $290 to $140 :D out of state
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.