Shooting Rest/Bipod

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Woods

Shooting Rest/Bipod

Post by Big Woods »

What are folks using for a shooting rest? Anyone try the ready shot?

Thanks!
BrotherRon

Re: Shooting Rest/Bipod

Post by BrotherRon »

I bought this off ebay for just under 30.00 shipped.
Caldwell Steady NXT Rifle and Pistol Rest Cradle Stand, New, Free Shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Caldwell-Steady ... 2346a4e82e

I only use this when I am sighting in and practicing.
Last edited by BrotherRon on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I own a Ready Shot..It is light and portable and works as advertised...I really don't use it much other than in the back yard though..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
bubba

Post by bubba »

When i'm hunting from a ground blind i use a Bog Pod, When i'm getting my scope right i use a harris bi pod, or the bog pod. Both work well for me...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

I dont hunt from treestands any more. I use the Cauldwell treestand rest. I Mounted the base on my shooting house floor. Works real good for me. For target shooting i use a home made shooting bench and MTM rest. There are many good items to choose from and it is finding what works for you and the type of hunting/target shooting you will be doing.

Happy Trails
Stephen
Matrix 380
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

For setup and loooonggg range plinking I use the lead sled DFT. Depending where I'm hunting and how I set up I use either the Primos Trigger Stix Bipod or Tripod. A dear friend was unsure about them but got to try out my bipod at Boofest and now has his own Primos Trigger Stix Bipod and Tripod. They really are amazing. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

I use a stony point bi-pod... :D
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

I have a bog pod tripod for my blind and target shooting as well as two harris bipods for target shooting and to use with my ghillie suit. The 1-2 in harris is for sitting on the ground and the 9-13 is for prone (haven't got a chance to try it out let alone practice yet with the 9-13) hopefully soon :D
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

Does the trigger stick work from a tree stand? Is anyone mounting the bipod to the crossbow?
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Big Woods wrote:Does the trigger stick work from a tree stand? Is anyone mounting the bipod to the crossbow?

A friend of mine uses the primos monopod trigger stick in his hanger treestand and yes, I mount the Harris bipods directly to my micro.
It took a little brain work between me and the one guy at the local shop about how to do it since the swivel stud is so far forward that the harris base goes into the stirrup, but after talking and looking it over he tapped out the quiver bracket hole to the riser nut and inserted a new, slightly longer and bigger swivel stud into it.

The harris attached good after that but what I then built up the area under where the rest of the harris rested near the foregrip so that it matched the depth of the riser nut (the forward base of the harris rested on the nut once attached

I think I posted a thread on here with pics of it awhile back but I don't rem.

Hope this helps

Elite Synergy; Krampus
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Big Woods wrote:Does the trigger stick work from a tree stand? Is anyone mounting the bipod to the crossbow?
Here's the link below to the thread that I posted awhile back about mounting and how to mount a Harris bipod to a Micro. Since the thread/pics I've since built up the back part closest to the foregrip with foam and a paint stirrer so it is roughly the same depth/height of the riser nut.

Here's the link (you'll have to copy and paste it): http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... 02#p560002

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:For setup and loooonggg range plinking I use the lead sled DFT. Depending where I'm hunting and how I set up I use either the Primos Trigger Stix Bipod or Tripod. A dear friend was unsure about them but got to try out my bipod at Boofest and now has his own Primos Trigger Stix Bipod and Tripod. They really are amazing. :wink:

Paul
..... I'm the dear friend.... Tru dat!.... They are amazing and worth the money... They're that good, easy to use and sturdy..... Thanks Paul...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

amythntr wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:For setup and loooonggg range plinking I use the lead sled DFT. Depending where I'm hunting and how I set up I use either the Primos Trigger Stix Bipod or Tripod. A dear friend was unsure about them but got to try out my bipod at Boofest and now has his own Primos Trigger Stix Bipod and Tripod. They really are amazing. :wink:

Paul
..... I'm the dear friend.... Tru dat!.... They are amazing and worth the money... They're that good, easy to use and sturdy..... Thanks Paul...

Anthony :)
:lol: I didn't want to name names Anthony....in case your lovely wife was reading the screen over your shoulder while she was cooking (cast iron pans are pretty heavy)!....I can't remember the specs on the bipod but the tripod will go from 24"-60" or 65" I believe. Basically, from sitting to standing regardless of how tall you are with the simple squeeze and release of a trigger.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.