Broadhead Target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Phil W

Broadhead Target

Post by Phil W »

I need to buy a broadhead target to check the POI of my Boltcutters vs the field points. I won't be using the broadhead target much at all as compared to my field point target. Therefore I see no need in spending a lot on a target that will get used very little. Do you guys have any suggestions on a decent broadhead target? I'm shooting a Matrix 355. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
vixenmaster

Re: Broadhead Target

Post by vixenmaster »

Rhineheart 18-1 is yer Huckleberry :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

What he said...............A 355 will hit hard. A cheap target won't take it and you will either shoot clean through it or deep enough to mess up the fletching. Think of your Rinehart and a long term investment. Just keep it out of the rain and it will last for many years. I found "blemished" ones at Field and Stream last year for $80. Thought that was funny. Blemished targets. I thought, yeah, and as soon as I get home they are gonna get a whole lot more blemished. :mrgreen:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

I have an 18/1 and like it, but not as much as my blob.
both are great targets.
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

Both are nice targets but the blob will last 5-8 times longer in my experience. I shoot a lot of broadheads!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I have a cheap Canadian Tire target that stops nothing. A Kenzie Shotblocker. I got a piece of Styrofoam about 10 inchs thick and I set it up about six inchs behind the Kenzie.They insulated Houses with it. Arrows blast through cheap Kenzie and always stop in Styrofoam. Works well for me and very cheap. I shoot very few broadheads as well. Only enough to line up my bows. Paid like $40. for the Kenzie. Never damaged a single broadhead. Not that it matters as I have about two dozen Rage Broadheads. LOL CHEERS!

I am bad. I have 5 new 3D targets that have never been shot. I don't want to poke a bunch of holes in them for no reason. Hehehehe
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I agree on the Rhinehart Targets. I use the rhinoblock which is a little bigger and great for field points as well. If you want to sacrifice a couple broadheads dedicated to checking poi you can also buy a couple of sand bags or fill a cardboard box with sand. It'll hold together long enough for you to check your broadheads and cost you very little. Probably the cheapest way to go. If you're inclined you can also shovel up your sand to use again and cardboard boxes can be found for free.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Got to agree with the other guys on this. The Rinehart is the way to go. I know that you're not going to shoot many broadheads but there aren't many targets on the market that will stop a broadhead shot from a matrix. Like the other poster said, check Ebay and Amazon for blems. You can get on for about half price. My brother just bought a Cabelas target for Broadheads that was $ 100 dollars. It happens to be made by Rinehart.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

You will not be shooting the broad heads that much, I just fill any bag with old clothing, old blanket etc and it won't cost a dime
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone