New to the forum , need some advice on new bow purchase.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MarshflyUSA

New to the forum , need some advice on new bow purchase.

Post by MarshflyUSA »

New here , I mainly hunt with traditional archery gear , but I keep a crossbow around for management hunts on our MLD ranches. I recently sold a Barnett that I have had for several years and I want to get into a recurve crossbow. I have developed trust issues when it comes to wheel bows.......LOL . We hunt a lot of backcountry and having the ability to re-string my gear in the field appeals to me. My question is.... Being that I don't use a crossbow often is the AXIOM a decent setup and how does it compare to the PHOENIX ? Also I see that the more compact prods are the norm , I see many 2014 models available for around $600 ,which would be a good deal? Thanks
xcaliber

Re: New to the forum , need some advice on new bow purchase.

Post by xcaliber »

There is a used Matrix 355 on the Trading Post here, the man selling it is a good person, and the deal is very good. I highly recommend that model, and the two you mentioned are awesome. The Phoenix has an aluminum rail, the Axiom is SMF, plastic.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en i were to go to the smf style crossbow it would be the Grizzly! Smaller platform weight is close to the same as is the speed. Jus my opinion. Now if'en you could go abit more in funds the Matrix 330 jus maybe the cats Meow
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

xcaliber wrote:There is a used Matrix 355 on the Trading Post here, the man selling it is a good person, and the deal is very good. I highly recommend that model, and the two you mentioned are awesome. The Phoenix has an aluminum rail, the Axiom is SMF, plastic.

X2... I love my 355
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

The 355 is a great bow . I have shot mine for a few years now and like it a lot.
W.M. :D
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

Buy one of each and u will want for not!!! :wink: :P the axiom is a great starting point, but their like one of those name brand potato chips u can't eat just one.
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Welcome to the forum MarshflyUSA !, i gotta 355, love it but my eyes been wandering :lol: not to be a salesman but the 355 vixenmaster's got is barley a year old and blooded. you'll find out Excaliburs are addictive as all get out!

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:Welcome to the forum MarshflyUSA !, i gotta 355, love it but my eyes been wandering :lol: not to be a salesman but the 355 vixenmaster's got is barley a year old and blooded. you'll find out Excaliburs are addictive as all get out!

-ken
Yes Sir!
I think we have another member in Team 355! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Cibby

Post by Cibby »

I bought my first Excalibur in early July also moving up from a Barnett. Mine is the Grizzly and it's an outstanding choice plenty fast and accurate and compact enough for my hunting style. Welcome to the forum MarshflyUSA.
gmstack

Post by gmstack »

I just posted a vixen ii for sale , light very good shooting crossbow . check it out. gmstack
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:Welcome to the forum MarshflyUSA !, i gotta 355, love it but my eyes been wandering :lol: not to be a salesman but the 355 vixenmaster's got is barley a year old and blooded. you'll find out Excaliburs are addictive as all get out!

-ken
X2 on the Addiction part fo sure !!! :D
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

X3 on addictive...

Got my 405 in June full bells and whistles so I could jump in both feet, go big or go home.. Love the damn thing.. Now I want a nice 355 too... just because it's a bit more narrow in the limbs.. otherwise I couldn't be happier. This forum is the cat's meow too. Great help, great people, great community. You will NOT find better information, fellowship, or understanding in other forums.

Welcome to Excalibur!~

John
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

CrazyAce wrote: This forum is the cat's meow too. Great help, great people, great community. You will NOT find better information, fellowship, or understanding in other forums.

Welcome to Excalibur!~

John

Spoken like a country boy! :wink:
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly