Broadhead Dilemma

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Whitetailseeker

Broadhead Dilemma

Post by Whitetailseeker »

After eight months I finally opened the broadheads that came with the accessory package with my Exocet.The broadheads that came with it are 125gr SST Hammers,I thought they were suppose to be 100gr.My question is should I be using them with the Gold Tip II's or should I be pairing with a different bolt or should I just get 100gr,It seems everyone on here favours the 100gr.I guess I should have realized that they didn't come with the package when they had a price tag on them but I was more interested in shooting the bow with field points for now.
Ant advice we be greatly appreciated.

Whitetailseeker
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Whitetailseeker the 125's will give ya more KE, But's I myself like the 100gr slicktricks. Lots of questions and answere's on here about broad heads, just do a little search. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

The difference in 125 grains and 100 grains is about 4 fps.

Not enough to tell.

I think you will still be OK on the Front of Center percentage.

If they fly good and hit what you are aiming at then use them.

The Wasp Hammers are great broadheads.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

They may shoot and work just fine, BUT

If it were me, I'd just take 'em back for exchange.

If the accessory pack is supposed to have 100 grain heads in it and that's what you were expecting to receive, you shouldn't have to accept a substitution without your prior consent IMHO.

Mike
Last edited by Red Label on Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I use 125 gr slick tricks and if Gary came out with 145's I would use them. I want the KE up front and the speed I lose is made up in KE . Use the 125's you will feel great whit that 1st pass through.

Broadhead Dilemma

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the quick responses.I will try them out to see if they are as accurate as the fieldpoints,I'm definitely not an expert that I can tell the difference between 100's and 125's
One last question for this topic, I assume I will have to re-adjust my scope for the difference between the two weights Yes or No?

Thanks
Whitetailseeker