Axiom SMF minimum sfaft length ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Axiom SMF minimum sfaft length ?

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I have the bow and ADFand S5's on the way along with new Veri-zone and a string from excaliber ( no cheek rest yet but that also wil "Be Coming" :wink:

This is my first long limbed Excal.... I have a dozen 18" Diablows on hand as well as another dozen Zombie Slayer's cut to 17" I am shooting in my 355... I'm hoping these will work even though I have read that the Axiom comes with 20" arrows from excal. ( no arrows came in the deal I made to get this bow ) .

Do I need to order up 20" arrows or will anything I have on hand work?

Thank's for your advise.
Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
xcaliber

Re: Axiom SMF minimum sfaft length ?

Post by xcaliber »

I would recommend 20" so you don't put a broadhead thru the foot.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-2 There an'it much room to play around, You might be able to get by with 19", but like said i think 20" is the way to go...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
bubba

Post by bubba »

opps.........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Thank's guys, I guess I'll be calling on Dan soon..... :D :lol: As I'm liking his Zombie Slayers really well :wink:

When I wrote this origional post I mentioned "No Arrows" came with the deal.... I should have written no real good arrows came with this deal... I did get 15 20" Firebolts... However, they seem very inconsistant as I don't think I've found 6 out of the 15 that have the same POI :roll: I was hoping some of the "better one"s" I had on hand would possibly work ( knowing the 15" FMJ's and 2219's I also had on hand would be too shot. )

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

Shooting 18 inch GT Laser 2's from my Exomax and Phoenix, no promlems at all.

Bucktail
Matrix 355 Tact-Zone TriggerTech ADF Laser11 Pro 385gr 100 gr WaspBoss 18in Diablos 150gr Boltcutter Dan Miller R.E.D.S .

ExoMax Vari-zone S5 18in Laser11 18in 2219 100gr WaspBoss

Phoenix Shadow-Zone ADF S5 18in Laser11 100gr WaspBoss
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I like my bolts short enough to hang the bow in the stand by the stirrup without banging the broadhead when a shot develops. Cock the bow with a broadhead on the arrow, and make sure you cannot get your foot in under it. Then, check the accuracy, that's how I arrive at my minimum length. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've been shooting 18" arrows with my Phoenix since I got it. (2005?)
I might add I DO NOT let the limbs down (de-cock) with a rope cocking aid, though. I just shoot a designated "unloading arrow" into a target or the ground. (where I hunt we have a target set up at the range which I usually walk out past)
wabi