Cabela's/Excalibur ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

F250-2

Cabela's/Excalibur ??

Post by F250-2 »

Cabela's is advertising a Cabela's Equalizer Crossbow Powered by Excalibur. It claims 250 lb. draw wt. and 370 fps. Is this just a wimpy 380 Matrix ? Listed price is $899.99 with 4 arrows, fisld points, Tact-zone scope, rope cocking aid and the bolt on quiver.
flightattendant100

Re: Cabela's/Excalibur ??

Post by flightattendant100 »

Pretty much.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have seen it, but really didn't read all the specs. I suspect the rail is a tad shorter. Still good speed for a good price, but I wonder if the warranty is through Cabelas, or Excalibur? I would stay with Excalibur, the name plates are much sweeter! :wink: 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

I was in the Cabelas store in Hamburg Pa. on Sunday and EVERY Excalibur crossbow had the string digging hard into the bumpers. :lol:
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I talked with them and they confirmed that YES the warranty goes tru Excal just like Excal's other models...

It looks good to me and had I the extra $ at the time I would most lkely be shooting that model as it had all of the add on's such as ADF, string bumbers, and a decent scope.. for the same price as the 355 I have now. Being new to X-bows I really had no idea how expensive and practicle those items are .

At the time of purchase I bought a 330 which I later traded for my present 355 to which I have added the ADF, Danny's Baby Bumpers, an excaliber string and a Nikon Bolt scope... right now I have nearly a grand into it and the cabellas bow is still faster :roll: and has the same warranty.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Rather-B-Huntin

Post by Rather-B-Huntin »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:I was in the Cabelas store in Hamburg Pa. on Sunday and EVERY Excalibur crossbow had the string digging hard into the bumpers. :lol:
Same with all the Excalibur bows in the Charleston, WV store. They had to unstring and twist one of the models I tested last week.
THE HUNTER'S ZONE
Best Deals on Excalibur Crossbows and Accessories in the Eastern USA!!! Check us out on Facebook!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

L. E. Carroll wrote:I talked with them and they confirmed that YES the warranty goes tru Excal just like Excal's other models...

It looks good to me and had I the extra $ at the time I would most lkely be shooting that model as it had all of the add on's such as ADF, string bumbers, and a decent scope.. for the same price as the 355 I have now. Being new to X-bows I really had no idea how expensive and practicle those items are .

At the time of purchase I bought a 330 which I later traded for my present 355 to which I have added the ADF, Danny's Baby Bumpers, an excaliber string and a Nikon Bolt scope... right now I have nearly a grand into it and the cabellas bow is still faster :roll: and has the same warranty.

Gene
Gene, you're now in possession of two very sweet bows, it's time to admit you have an addiction! :lol: :lol:
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

My name is Gene Carroll and " I am " a Bow A-holic. :roll:

I think that's how it goes. :wink:

But your right about the "Problem" . However, looking at signatures here on the site,,,, I think it's a farly common Affection. :lol:

I only "looked at it" ( that's what I tell my wife all the time) when I was picking one to buy.... Had I known about all of the "stuff" I was going to have to buy and add to mine such as Baby-bumpers, ADF, and a better scope, it may have been a good idea to look at it a bit longer . 8)

Your right! Mine are awesome bows. :D
At this time I'm very happy to the point that I'm ready to pass the Parker on to the grandson. :wink:

Gene
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Scamp tralier
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

L. E. Carroll wrote:My name is Gene Carroll and " I am " a Bow A-holic. :roll:

I think that's how it goes. :wink:

But your right about the "Problem" . However, looking at signatures here on the site,,,, I think it's a farly common Affection. :lol:

I only "looked at it" ( that's what I tell my wife all the time) when I was picking one to buy.... Had I known about all of the "stuff" I was going to have to buy and add to mine such as Baby-bumpers, ADF, and a better scope, it may have been a good idea to look at it a bit longer . 8)

Your right! Mine are awesome bows. :D
At this time I'm very happy to the point that I'm ready to pass the Parker on to the grandson. :wink:

Gene
Gene you are on the right forum :lol:
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Gene, do not forget a Trigger Tech trigger to top it off! :lol:
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:Gene, do not forget a Trigger Tech trigger to top it off! :lol:
This and ya might want to get a Munch Mount too.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
jason25

Post by jason25 »

New guy here and my first post, I went to Bass Pro to check out the excels and they had none in stock as usual, so I went to cabelas and they did have the equalizer so I gave it a shot, it wasn't a good experience from the guys there but the bow was nice. First the attendant cold barely cock it, this was my concern to see if I could, well, the rope cocker they where trying to use was way to long, not eve nthe one for the bow, the string was digging way into the bumpers on this one also. I did cock it with the correct rope and realized it was pretty easy, I didn't like the fact it doesn't have the check piece because I would need that. I asked the salesman if he had a micro 335 in stock because I would love to try one to see if I cold cock that without a hassle, he said yes in the box. When he brought out the box it was a 330, I told him I wanted the micro 335 and he told me they where the same. Just ended that conversation with so what do you suggest, he then points me to the lowest priced Barnett recruit or something and ells me that's one bad crossbow and it will last a lot longer than the recurve I am looking for. My trip was to decide how much weight I can handle, the 250lbs of the equalizer was smooth but that's all I have had a chance to try. I am undecided now if I want the 335, 355 or he 380, my season is fast approaching but I am so undecided. The micro online seems cool for the north east where I live, but wyvern has some good packages online for the 380.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I can see your having a good time with my affliction.... :lol:

You should have seen my traditional bow collection when I was still able to use them. :D :wink:

It peaked at 42 Custom longbows and re-curves at one point hanging on the bow rack. :lol: 8) In fact I still have some really nice right hand custom re-curves should any one here be looking for one. :wink:

Gene
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Scamp tralier
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

L. E. Carroll wrote:I can see your having a good time with my affliction.... :lol:

You should have seen my traditional bow collection when I was still able to use them. :D :wink:

It peaked at 42 Custom longbows and re-curves at one point hanging on the bow rack. :lol: 8) In fact I still have some really nice right hand custom re-curves should any one here be looking for one. :wink:

Gene
Gene, as said earlier, you're in the right forum. It is a good, healthy addiction, and you won't get stung when you decide to sell. :wink: I'm on number 5, and looking at number 6 later this fall! :shock:

Jason25, welcome aboard!
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Welcome to the camp jason25! got a 355 myself a great xbow, but seeing if i can scam me a 380 possibly. I'm hung on the fence . . .since the 355 is blooded :lol:

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly