Best place to buy Excalibur in Michigan?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Waif

Re: Best place to buy Excalibur in Michigan?

Post by Waif »

Sam, just Sam... wrote:
GrassyKnoll wrote:Hey Sam, welcome aboard..

If you demo one, just make sure that the brace height is adjusted properly before shooting one, that way you get the proper feel of the bow and know what to expect when you do buy one.. On the Micro, there is an etched line in the rail. The string should be just behind the etched line on the trigger side of that line. As a general guide, the string should be sitting about 1/4" to 1/2" off the rubber string stops.. If the string is sitting on the rubbers or forward of the line, ask the salesperson to adjust the brace height for you..

Good luck..
Thanks for the welcome! I don't speak Excalibur, so I only understand about 50% of this. Brace Height doesn't make sense to me. Pics?
A pic follows in posts about brace height in link.
If round shaped string bumpers are facing the string, as on some/many models, keep the string from hitting them at rest.(When uncocked).
Scroll down to pic.with tape measure.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=55893
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Sam, just Sam... wrote:Called Howell store. They have 2! It's crazy, he said they are not even on display and they are not listed online, so not sure what's up with that. 30% off would put it at $650.00ish. I don't think I can beat that. The only bummer is that they are camo. I was REALLY hoping for the blackout model. I have seen a few things about dyeing a stock, but might not be worth it. What do you think? That's beating the bare bow from Wyverns by $125, and this is the whole set up.
Sam
Sam, they actually have one on display but it was miss tagged. They've got a M355 info/sales tag on the bow hanging. I expressed that it was miss tagged. Yours is safe in a box, see you Thursday :D
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Sam, just Sam...

Post by Sam, just Sam... »

Waif wrote:
Sam, just Sam... wrote:
GrassyKnoll wrote:Hey Sam, welcome aboard..

If you demo one, just make sure that the brace height is adjusted properly before shooting one, that way you get the proper feel of the bow and know what to expect when you do buy one.. On the Micro, there is an etched line in the rail. The string should be just behind the etched line on the trigger side of that line. As a general guide, the string should be sitting about 1/4" to 1/2" off the rubber string stops.. If the string is sitting on the rubbers or forward of the line, ask the salesperson to adjust the brace height for you..

Good luck..
Thanks for the welcome! I don't speak Excalibur, so I only understand about 50% of this. Brace Height doesn't make sense to me. Pics?
A pic follows in posts about brace height in link.
If round shaped string bumpers are facing the string, as on some/many models, keep the string from hitting them at rest.(When uncocked).
Scroll down to pic.with tape measure.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=55893
Ok, that helps a ton. I guess "Height" made me think that this was up and down somehow. I am really blown away at how helpful everyone on this forum is. Thanks to all those who gave tips and suggestions on where to buy Excals. I should have my bow Thursday! Super indebted to everyone.
Sam
Titus 2:11-14, 2 Cor 5:11-21,
Micro, not much done to it, pretty awesome as is.
Sam
Drew

Post by Drew »

Nice pull Sam! I did the same deal two yes ago for my M355 from Dunhams. Scott may have given me that coupon as well come to think of it. 30% off of on a Excalibur is the the best deal going. Now get some zombie slayers and shoot shoot shoot!
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Drew wrote:Nice pull Sam! I did the same deal two yes ago for my M355 from Dunhams. Scott may have given me that coupon as well come to think of it. 30% off of on a Excalibur is the the best deal going. Now get some zombie slayers and shoot shoot shoot!
Drew, it was Furs&Feathers that hooked us up with the coupon back then. I believe it was used by many, myself included. Now I get a 30% coupon once a year via email from Dunham's, BDay coupon. The coupon cannot be copied or passed along, barcode is not present when forwarded as in the past, once it's scanned it's done. Timing was good and Sam's a neighbor. That's what special about this site and the good members, sharing everything and anything...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Drew wrote:Nice pull Sam! I did the same deal two yes ago for my M355 from Dunhams. Scott may have given me that coupon as well come to think of it. 30% off of on a Excalibur is the the best deal going. Now get some zombie slayers and shoot shoot shoot!
Drew, it was Furs&Feathers that hooked us up with the coupon back then. I believe it was used by many, myself included. Now I get a 30% coupon once a year via email from Dunham's, BDay coupon. The coupon cannot be copied or passed along, barcode is not present when forwarded as in the past, once it's scanned it's done. Timing was good and Sam's a neighbor. That's what special about this site and the good members, sharing everything and anything...
I've also benefited from the 30% Dunham's coupon. Excalibur Matrix 355 is Dunham's price $900.00 - 30% ($270.00) = $630.00! That's a substantial $270.00 savings and I was grateful to take advantage of such a large chunk of money.

I assisted a co-worker in getting the same deal in July 2015 from Dunham's Excalibur Matrix 355.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Sam, just Sam...

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Scott (onetimeonly) has helped me out a ton. Not only with the coupon, but just tips and tricks for the Excalibur bows in general. I can't believe the community that I've stumbled into, good people all around, not many left anymore. I am hoping to get my bow Thursday, and get some shooting done Friday. Sep 19th can't come fast enough!
Sam
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

Sam: Welcome to the forum. Hope everything works out with your Excal bow purchase. There should be an instruction DVD that is in the bow package. Also a lot of instruction videos on the Excalibur site. Be sure to purchase a string aid for adjusting brace height. The Excal bows are VERY accurate and fun to shoot.

Happy Trails
Stephen
Matrix 380
Sam, just Sam...

SEC-ond 2 none wrote:Sam: Welcome to the forum. Hope everything works out with your Excal bow purchase. There should be an instruction DVD that is in the bow package. Also a lot of instruction videos on the Excalibur site. Be sure to purchase a string aid for adjusting brace height. The Excal bows are VERY accurate and fun to shoot.

Happy Trails
Stephen
Thanks man, yeah, I need a string aid, and a few other nick knacks. I have a lot to learn, but I do know that the B1G won the first real NCAAF title! I kid, I kid, I have to give all my SEC friends a hard time... ;)
Sam